Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Request] Sigh better guide please

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any guide out there on how to set up a KOL server better than the ones we have already. I followed both of them step by step and still, it does not work. I have the right system etc. for it, but yet i can't seem to get it working. Please someone post an excellent guide, the two i've read so far are about 5/10 due to them being extremely messy. Thanks.

Edit: This is what looses me

17)Now, go to your ODBC. Located at Start->Administrative Tools->Data Sources(ODBC). There's 7 tabs on the top of the window that pops-up. Click on the System DSN one. Press "Add..." Scroll down to SQL Server and press Finish. For the name, put KN_online. For server, put "<ComputerName>\SQLEXPRESS". Press "Next". Tick SQL Server Identification. Login ID, put knight. Password, put knight. Press "Next". Tick change default database. Adjust it to KN_online. Press "Next". Press "Finish". Press "OK".

18)Do the same for KN_Data, knight, and Knight_Account

19)Make sknight ODBC System DSN, same directions as Step#18. However, for Login ID//Password, put sknight//qlfjajrmf6

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Sigh better guide please

Is there any guide out there on how to set up a KOL server better than the ones we have already. I followed both of them step by step and still, it does not work. I have the right system etc. for it, but yet i can't seem to get it working. Please someone post an excellent guide, the two i've read so far are about 5/10 due to them being extremely messy. Thanks.

Edit: This is what looses me

17)Now, go to your ODBC. Located at Start->Administrative Tools->Data Sources(ODBC). There's 7 tabs on the top of the window that pops-up. Click on the System DSN one. Press "Add..." Scroll down to SQL Server and press Finish. For the name, put KN_online. For server, put "<ComputerName>\SQLEXPRESS". Press "Next". Tick SQL Server Identification. Login ID, put knight. Password, put knight. Press "Next". Tick change default database. Adjust it to KN_online. Press "Next". Press "Finish". Press "OK".

18)Do the same for KN_Data, knight, and Knight_Account

19)Make sknight ODBC System DSN, same directions as Step#18. However, for Login ID//Password, put sknight//qlfjajrmf6

IN SYSTEM DSN MAKE sknight : Login : sknight pw : qlfjajrmf6

Not hard lol gl

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

No offense, but if your getting lost on this step, it is about time to take some computer classes.

There are problems with the actual game that are a lot harder to fix than a simple dsn problem.

Ok forget I said any of that, what is the problem with the step?
You simply go start->control panel->administrative tools->datasources(odbc)->system dsn->add->SQLserver->Name:sknight/Server:<computername>\SQLEXPRESS->Sql authentication ID:sknight PW:qlfjajrmf6 ->check KN_online as default database

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I see now, and i know what to do. Just the way he says it is a bit missleading.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I would slap you right now, but there were about 10 other people who asked me about that, so I'll try to edit that later...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
apologies dark angel but thats the published guide which is an answer to the question asked

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you can't follow omega's guide, just leave now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I started working on a server about a month ago in my spare time and if it wasn't for Omega's guides I probably would have given up. Seeing that I'm adding to an older post I'm still gonna give thanks here for all the guides.

Back