Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Requesting assistance

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey. I poked around in the dc client and server files out of curiosty. I decided to read through this forum and try to attempt on connecting one of the aforementioned clients inside a thread with the 2008 leaked server files. I spent time researching this forum and now I got from having the mssql server set up wrong to producing error 08003 (connetion not open) to havin produced a new error 42000 (statements cnt be prepped)

[08003][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open [solved]
[42000][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared. [current issue]

i also gatherd a config file from a friend to get gameclient.exe to not produce cannot read error, as now it produces coca-cola. on th client i chose enigmacityv1, th closest match. i believe that the problem as far as client nt getting passed authenticating... is this 42000 error, the member table incorrectly setup, or perhaps a syntax issue with the mssql code the zoneserver is trying to send. in any case something is wrong and i dont know where the problem is.

Screenshots (Host name is blocked off)
zoneserver.exe:
Cushion72 - Requesting assistance - RaGEZONE Forums

gameclient.exe:

wht the database looks like table expanded:

unexpanded:

odbc dsn setup:

memberid table:

any insight on this will help. my goal is to get the server side set up correctly. thanks.

edit:
zoneserver.exe:

gameclient.exe:

wht the database looks like table expanded:

unexpanded:

odbc dsn setup:

memberid table:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the server seems to be set up correctly. you will need to bring your own client as the EC client is fitted specifically for EC

edit:
well, one thing on the db - the auth stored proc that comes with it will not work out of the box

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the server seems to be set up correctly. you will need to bring your own client as the EC client is fitted specifically for EC

edit:
well, one thing on the db - the auth stored proc that comes with it will not work out of the box

Ok. is the error irrelevant then? and may u please elaborate this edit message, if u dont mind. thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok. i dd a little search and came with a question, since i cnt see in the database where these specific procedures are

1. insert into SKID_STLOG_TB(LOGNAME,LOGKEY,SERVERID,CID,CNAME,CREATEDATE,N1ARG,N2ARG,N3ARG,TXTCONTENT)values(?,?,?,?,?,SYSDATE,?,?,?,?)
2. select to_char(sysdate,'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') from dual
3. SELECT CID, CNAME, REGID,ITEMID,ITEMNUM,NRANDOM,NUPGRADE,INVENIDX,PRICE,STATE,ASSIST_A,ASSIST_B,BOX,CTIME,TO_CHAR(REGDATE, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') FROM SKID_AUCTION_TB WHERE SERVERID=? AND STATE=?

now shoul i create a stored procedure insid the database to get past this error or attempt to edit th exe, because when lookin around the exe in notepad i saw those lines i mentioned above. editin it from notepad wil just break th exe so i wont attempt that. if i were to edit the exe, if that is necessary, thn ill use another method.
thanks.

image of Stored Procedures in sql server:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
odbc dsn setup:

You seem to be using the wrong version.
This is how mine is set up:
buZRNmM - Requesting assistance - RaGEZONE Forums

JweJGs7 - Requesting assistance - RaGEZONE Forums

Once you see this at the end after starting ZoneServer.exe your server should be setup correctly:
e4ZDxSN - Requesting assistance - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok maybe i should ask: is the stored proc compiled within th zoneserver.exe or is it somethin u need to edit or add inside the database

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alternatively if you set "AuthType" to 0 you will be able to login but it comes with a drawback which is no pw being required upon login making it unsuitable for any use other than testing or poking around.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im back to lookin at this. had some issues in real life, but now im bck.
the name of th stored proc, jus so were on the same pge, is called getAccInfo, right? if not, i would lke to know which stored proc it is. thanks

Back