Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Router Guide

The Penguinator
Legend
Reaction score
0.97 Server for Router users (This serverguide was made by the info posted by DOT-_-, M!st!que, Ether_Man and Trout (THANK YOU SO MUCH MY SERVER WORKS :p...... Boko)

Stuff needed
1. MSSQL Server (I use SQL 2000 server(Evaluation), the link is at )
2. 0.97 server files (Link: )
Password: ragezone (Note: Sometimes Gameserver gives error with these server files. When you get error try downloading other server files from this forum. I wil add server files here soon)
3. 0.96y client full (Link: )
4. 0.97 client patch (Link: )
5. 0.97 english patch (Link: )
6. MuReg (Program that makes accounts)(Link: )
7. Launcher (Link: )

-----

Setting up SQL

Run SQL Setup
Select "SQL Server 2000 Components"

1. Click "Install Database Server"

2. Click Next

3. Select "Local Computer" and click Next

4. Select "Create a new instance of SQL Server,or install Client Tools" and click next

5. Put name and company and click Next

6. Click Yes to Agreement

7. Select "Server and Client Tools" and click Next

8. Select Default at the top of the screen (So that there is a mark in the little box) and click Next

9. Select "Typical" and click Next

10. Select "Use the same account for each service. Auto start SQL Server Service"

11. In the same screen also select "Use the Local System account" and then click Next

12. Select "Windows Authenticatication Mode." and click Next

13. Click Next and install

When installed reboot your computer so the server starts.

-----

Restoring Database

1. Unzip the server files I gave you in c:\muserver\

2. Open Enterprise Manager (Start -> Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server -> Enterprise Manager) and go to Databases.

3. Create a new database and name it MuOnline.

4. After that, right click on muonline database then click "All tasks" and then "Restore Database".

5. Click on "From Device" and then click on "Select Devices".

6. Click Add and then type in the filename of the database (Which is: c:\muserver\db baks\MuOnline).

7. Press OK 2 times to continue, then press the Options tab.

8. Tick the "Force restore over existing database" box and check that the database files pointed below are set to the c:\MuServer\DB\ directory (If it's D:\ you will have to change it to C:\).

9. Press OK to import the database.

10. Create another database, name it Ranking and do the exact same thing as you did with the MuOnline Database, only you now have to select the Ranking Database (Which is: c:\muserver\db baks\Ranking).

-----

Adding Accounts

1. In the Enterprise Manager go to Security and then Logins.

2. Right click "sa" and click Properties.

3. Set the password to anything you want (Remember the password though) and change the default Database to MuOnline.

4. Unzip your _mureg.zip file and load mureg.exe

5. Type in your username (sa) and your password (The password you entered just now in the Enterprise Manager).

6. Select the New Account Tab and create a new account.

-----

System DSN

1. Start Data Sources (ODBC) (Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC)), go to System DSN tab then click Add.

2. Select the SQL Server driver(bottom) and click Finish. Choose MuOnline for Name and your SQL Server for Server.

3. Change the default database to muonline and click Next then Finish and OK.

4. Create also 12 more System DSN links named MuOnlineJoinDB, Event, USELOG, ACCOUNTDB_INFO_START, GAMEDB_INFO_END, GAMEDB_INFO_START, LOGINDB_INFO_START, MUMNGDB_INFO_START, SERVERINFO_START, USELOGDB_INFO_START, ExDB and Munonline ExDB that uses MuOnline as the default database.

5. Create 1 System DSN named DEVILSQURE_RANKING that use Ranking as the default database.

-----

Editing IP Address and Setting up Server Files

1. Go to

2. Change all the ip addresses found in config files to the IP adress you see in (this is your Global IP)
All Ip adresses in the following files must be changed to this Global IP Address:

C:\muserver\CS\Connectserverlist.dat
C:\muserver\CS\data\Connectserverlist.dat
C:\muserver\CS\data\ServerList.dat
C:\muserver\data\IpList.dat
*C:\muserver\data\lang\eng\commonloc.cfg
*C:\muserver\data\lang\kor\commonloc.cfg
*C:\muserver\data\lang\tai\commonloc.cfg
*C:\muserver\data\lang\chs\commonloc.cfg

(*may not apply to all)

3. Go to Start -> Run and type in "cmd". It will load a command prompt. Type ipconfig /all in command prompt to check your ip adress (This is your Computer IP).

4. Change all Ip adresses in the following file (There are 3 IP adresses in this file) to your Computer IP: C:\muserver\data\commonserver.cfg

5. Change the IP Addresses found in 4.lnk and 8.lnk in the c:\muserver\Links folder(right click on them and select properties) to your Computer IP.

-----
Setting up your router

1. Go to Start -> Run and type in "cmd". It will load a command prompt. Type ipconfig /all in the command prompt. Below your IP adress is your subnetmask and below that your Standar Gateway. You'll have to type the number behind your Standard Gateway in your browser.

2. You need the login and password for your router. If you don't know it you will need to find your router's manual. There is always a standard Login and Password in there. If you somehow can't find it try login: admin and password: admin. If you can't get into your router than I'm sorry you can't get your own server.

3. After you connect to your router you will have to select Virtual Server. Once there you can forward ports in your router (Or else people can't connect). Forward the following ports to your Computer IP:

* 44405 TCP
* 55557 UDP
* 55970 TCP
* 55971 TCP
* 55960 TCP
* 55961 TCP
* 55962 TCP
* 55557 TCP
* 55901 TCP

4. Make sure you save your changes in your router or it won't work.

5. You need to add a loopback device to your computer. Go the your control panel in windows, start the Add new hardware guide and install the microsoft loopback device.. (in the network cards section).

6. Once installation is finished go to control panel and select Networkconnections (Or something similar). Right click your Microsoft Loopback Adapter Connection, and select Properties. Select your Internet-protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.

7. Set the IP-Adress to your Global IP.

8. The subnetmask is not the same for everyone. Set it to 255.255.255.254. If you press ok and it gives an error try 255.255.255.253 and if that gives an error try 255.255.255.252 and so on till it doesnt give an error anymore.

-----

Connecting to your Server

There are several ways to connect to your Server, but the best thing is using a launcher (That's what I think):

1. Unzip the 0.96y client full in a new folder (Make one yourself)

2. Unzip the 0.97 patch in the same folder

3. Unzip the 0.97 english patch in Data/Local folder (In the folder you made)

4. Unzip the launcher in the folder you made (same folder as 0.96y and 0.97 patch)

5. Run launcher 2.exe. Name = Your Server Name, Host = Your Global IP, Version = 0.97 (Until you've updated the server of course), port = 44405

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are having problems with your server try this guide and it might work, because I did exactly everything in this guide and my server works now.

If you have any questions pm me or ask me on MSN

Boko

(AGAIN THANK DOT-_-, M!st!que, Ether_Man AND Trout BECAUSE I COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT THEM, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST :thumbup: )

(I TAKE NO CREDIT FROM THIS GUIDE, THIS GUIDE IS ALL THX TO THE PPL ON THIS FORUM, THANK YOU RAGEZONE!!!)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If someone is using dynamic ip and gets fixed dns for example from , is there any way to automaticaly update the global ip you need to put in loopback's ip?
I mean when dynamic ip changes you need to manualy update the loopback's ip, is there any way to do it automaticaly?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for Zyxel Routers ID - Pass is admin - 1234
And, where is this Virtual Server thing
I ll show u a screenshot with the options of my router:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Excellent Guide, I have been successfull setting up my server thanks to this guide! BOKO YOU ROCK! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, but where do u find the option for Virtual Host?
And wtf is are the UDP ports? How do i open these ports?
I just know to go to NAT and open the TCP ports

tkc

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The best way to solve this problem is to use Windows Router and install this Windows Router in the computer where you installed your MU Server. Try this Router from , the best windows router i've ever tested so far, user friendly. This will solve your problem in making port forwarding. But this time your current router is no longer needed to share your internet connection. Here is the link => If you want serial/crack, just use google and find, you'll find tons of links to solve its evaluation period.

Its a very flexible router, check this site for more info =>

Once you finish the installation, Create a policy that would accept incoming connection from global, the allow a port that can be use like 44405 and all services you want to share, like 80 for your web, and etc...

If you have question about the program, feel free to ask, i'll help you as much as i can :) Good luck!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
OK i did everything so far but the LoopBack Device...i cant seem to find it on my comp and tryed searched for the answer but couldnt find it...im running win XP Pro...please someone help me out and tell me where to find it.

The Penguinator
Legend
Reaction score
To ShadowJumper: (See attached pictures)

This is how I opened my ports.
I can change TCP and UDP as you can see.

Edit: I use a Trust router

To Lansky:

Go the your control panel in windows(Start --> Control Panel (probably)), start the Add new hardware guide and install the microsoft loopback device.. (You can select the loopback device in the network card section).

If you're still unable to do it I don't think I can help :(

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

tkc

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Not all broadband routers have this Virtual Server or Port Mapping capabilities :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
then if we cant use our default gateways to forward our ports, how do we actually do it?

can anyone help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My routeur is a big ****..... US Robotics 9105, i have configure all VNP but he can t redirect ......

Reaction score
Please help.i am stuck at System DSN.when it ask me whichSQL server i want to connect......then i click on the button.then there shoudl be a list...................>_< the list is empty.can someone help pls

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i dont have Virtual Server, but i do have Port Forwarding

im using a Netgear router... what it does is open ports 44405 through 55971, for that conection, but i cannot choose TCP UDP, what can i do?

Service Name:: muserver
startport::44405
endport::55971
my computers router ip address ::XXX.XXX.X.X

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
port forwarding

Setting up your router

3. After you connect to your router you will have to select Virtual Server. Once there you can forward ports in your router (Or else people can't connect). Forward the following ports to your Computer IP:

* 44405 TCP
* 55557 UDP
* 55970 TCP
* 55971 TCP
* 55960 TCP
* 55961 TCP
* 55962 TCP
* 55557 TCP
* 55901 TCP

ok, i will need to insert an ip, what should i do? am i at the correct site to add in all those ports? and one more thing, do i need to add ALL those TCP ports?! what should be my start port and end port? i just wish to clarify it

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have a questions.....
if my virtual server list was full... how can i do?
plz help me... thx
my virtual server list show as :-

Virtual Server FTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 21 / 21 always
Virtual Server HTTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 80 / 80 always
Virtual Server HTTPS 0.0.0.0 TCP 443 / 443 always
Virtual Server DNS 0.0.0.0 UDP 53 / 53 always
Virtual Server SMTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 25 / 25 always
Virtual Server POP3 0.0.0.0 TCP 110 / 110 always
Virtual Server Telnet 0.0.0.0 TCP 23 / 23 always
IPSec 0.0.0.0 UDP 500 / 500 always
PPTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 1723 / 1723 always
DCS1000 0.0.0.0 Both 80 / 80 always
DCS1000 0.0.0.0 Both 8481 / 8481 always
DCS2000 0.0.0.0 Both 80 / 80 always
DCS2000 0.0.0.0 Both 5001-5003 / 5001-5003 always
100.100.110.10 TCP 44405 / 44405 always
100.100.110.10 UDP 55557 / 55557 always
100.100.110.10 TCP 55970 / 55970 always
100.100.110.10 TCP 55971 / 55971 always
100.100.110.10 TCP 55960 / 55960 always
100.100.110.10 TCP 55961 / 55961 always
100.100.110.10 TCP 55962 / 55962 always
i need 2 more lines to finish... who can help me?? which of this i can delete?
or any idea? -.-

N

namluong

you can remove :
Virtual Server FTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 21 / 21 always
Virtual Server HTTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 80 / 80 always
Virtual Server HTTPS 0.0.0.0 TCP 443 / 443 always
Virtual Server DNS 0.0.0.0 UDP 53 / 53 always
Virtual Server SMTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 25 / 25 always
Virtual Server POP3 0.0.0.0 TCP 110 / 110 always
Virtual Server Telnet 0.0.0.0 TCP 23 / 23 always
IPSec 0.0.0.0 UDP 500 / 500 always
PPTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 1723 / 1723 always
DCS1000 0.0.0.0 Both 80 / 80 always
DCS1000 0.0.0.0 Both 8481 / 8481 always
DCS2000 0.0.0.0 Both 80 / 80 always
DCS2000 0.0.0.0 Both 5001-5003 / 5001-5003 always

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi! a small prob. here...

2. You need the login and password for your router. If you don't know it you will need to find your router's manual. There is always a standard Login and Password in there. If you somehow can't find it try login: admin and password: admin. If you can't get into your router than I'm sorry you can't get your own server.

/\ how do I connect? I'm a bit confused, dead in my tracks right here... plz help, thanks
| ^_^
|

Back