• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Running multiple servers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
SO i finally got a second computer, and am runing a second server on it.

Small problem.

I can change the auth server port, so I can forward it at the router.

The source also uses another port for communication between the auth and game server. I suspect this needs no forwarding.

Problem is the gameserver port is stuck on 5816, with no way to change it.

Okay, so no problem. I recompile and change the port, right?

Not so fast... The client still connects to 5816.

Oh wait, looks like i missed a change in a packet. The authresponse packet directs the client to the game server, and seems to have a port in it (hex b8 16). SO i change that. to (0xb9 0x16) (5017 lsb first) Should fix it, right?

NO dice. client STILL goes to 5816, ignoring the port specified in the authresponse packet.

Is Hamachi the only real answer here???

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems like you're using LOTF.

The game port packet is messed up. It needs to be redone to be able to change the port. <3

Back