Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RYL is Unreal

FFA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
FFA - RYL is Unreal - RaGEZONE Forums

Hey guys, I'm a 3D/Video artist that has been tinkering with RYL stuff as I'm learning about UE4/3D.
Here is some of my developments so far.

First Test

Testing Texture Maps
Human-

Akkan-
[video]https://www.facebook.com/100076455648608/videos/pcb.115007281057793/308707601044277[/video]

Animation/Mob Mechanics
[video]https://www.facebook.com/100076455648608/videos/pcb.115007674391087/266564625423124[/video]
[video]https://www.facebook.com/100076455648608/videos/pcb.115007674391087/1092069844888979[/video]
Cape Simulation
- Update1

Effects
Portal Effect
-Update2

Maps
AlmightyGround Map imported/Parts of Pirate Town- Lighting/texture issues.

AlmightyGround HeightMap with procedural Terrain, water, higher resolution textures.
- Update1
Scyna Island/Waterfalls/more animations. - Update3

Any Ideas or Suggestions, send them my way here or on Discord!
HiFromFarAway#5836 Discord

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Master Summoner
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Great Joob ! :thumbup: Can i ask why RYL ? why not for example Lineage or Shaiya ?

FFA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
RYL was my first MMORPG when i was a teenager in 2005 and I always liked its artstyle/Unique characters/races. I have not played the other two games you mentioned, so I am unaware of them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow nice. warfare should release RYL with unreal Engine on 2023, are u part of warfare team?

while i really like that people still work on RYL and try to push it higher, this video is odd.

It does looks like some custom animations with the imported gcmds, z3m and static meshes.

Good luck to warfare if this is the current state of the game and want to switch from 8th of june 2022.

FFA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am not part of their team, I have worked on this in my free-time.

FFA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I have discussed with others on similar projects and they are several years ahead of my developments from what I have seen,I've only been in Unreal about 3 weeks now, but I'm doing it for fun and enjoying what Unreal has to offer and see what I can come up with and make. I have high hopes for some of the other projects out there, exciting times!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think dealing with any of that old code and reworking it is just a mess, and its probably better all around to just remake it in something that this generation of computers actually runs.
Maybe im dense, but after seeing what Ruins did, might as well just redo it tbh.

FFA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think dealing with any of that old code and reworking it is just a mess, and its probably better all around to just remake it in something that this generation of computers actually runs.
Maybe im dense, but after seeing what Ruins did, might as well just redo it tbh.

Yeah that is the approach I am taking. Seeing what transfers and just started building.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thats so nice to see that there are some devs still active :kiss:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
On what engine the original ryl2 runs?
What programing launguage it uses ?
What tools you use to work with the game files, textures, and libraries?
Btw you work so far looks amazing,
ive discovered unreal engine 5 recently and was thinking about remaking ryl2 using the new engine.

FFA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
RYL1/2/ROW developed its own game engine in C++ called CrossM/Caldron powered by DirectX8.0
It was all originally written in C++.
Unreal Engine also uses C++ in its core systems and the Blueprint system.

Tools I used to export RYL's files were mostly
3D Object Converter by kz_3D
Photoshop 2022
Blender3.0
AutoDesk 3ds Max 2022
rMap/rCoder by AlphA
A friend with rModel made by AlphA for animations/Skeleton Rigs.

Its wonderful to work with once you get the hang of its systems, however replicating the scale of RYL's gameplay/network systems is a challenge just by the shear scale of all the coding needing to be redone, which I just don't have the freetime to learn/do such as task as my expertise is more visual 3D stuff then coding.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
RYL1/2/ROW developed its own game engine in C++ called CrossM/Caldron powered by DirectX8.0
It was all originally written in C++.
Unreal Engine also uses C++ in its core systems and the Blueprint system.

Tools I used to export RYL's files were mostly
3D Object Converter by kz_3D
Photoshop 2022
Blender3.0
AutoDesk 3ds Max 2022
rMap/rCoder by AlphA
A friend with rModel made by AlphA for animations/Skeleton Rigs.

Its wonderful to work with once you get the hang of its systems, however replicating the scale of RYL's gameplay/network systems is a challenge just by the shear scale of all the coding needing to be redone, which I just don't have the freetime to learn/do such as task as my expertise is more visual 3D stuff then coding.

Greetings, I wonder where can I get the RModel?

Thanks!

Back