Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Samsung K5

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im gettin myself one ASAP I love it!

CrownC - Samsung K5 - RaGEZONE Forums

Samsung has recently been cranking out some decent players into the market, one of them being the Nano-competing Z5. The newer K5 is an exceptional twist on the MP3 player, providing a set of external speakers that allow you to unhook your ears from sometimes confining headphones. The K5 is flash based and currently comes in 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB capacities with all of the standard MP3 player features: MP3/WMA audio playback, JPEG photo viewing, FM radio, and alarm clock.

Even though the K5 has a fairly standard set of MP3 player functions, what sets it apart from the rest is the innovative design and external speakers. The K5 is a niche player and is not for everyone, but for that niche, Samsung hit the nail on the head by creating something very unique.

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That is bitchin'! But that probably goes for the price too. =/

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nah its like ~€200 pretty cheap imo, some guy ran over it with his car and not a scratch onnit! Check youtube.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
iPod Video owns all. It's just that simple. Much better for the price.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
bah i still think that ill be getting it, with my old Micro Zen 4GB that is like 2 years old... i need a new one... and its not color!

EDIT: I think ill buy it on my next pay and use it for like 1month and write a lil review on it...

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
hmm sounds nice i wanna see how those speakers work since my phone broke i dnt have a mp3 anymore :(

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Watched a half hour review on this and it is nice... Prefer the Zune :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks ok, though a bit thick. Ipod is thinner.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Who uses MP3 players anymore? Why not buy a Nokia N95 instead? That one got everything!

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Samsung ftw!

The K5 looks impressive but I'll stick with my Z5.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
agreed :p

thought he speakers aint that loud and obviously drain lots of battery life...

Sorry Rish but I have to do it. With speakers on the battery can go 8 Hours non stop. With the Ear thingies it can go 30 Hours. But thats from what ive heard ill recheck it. <-- What I thought

Battery life through the headphones is rated at 30 hours. During my tests, playing it at around 75% volume, I consistently got around 27 hours. Now, if you were to use the player strictly with the external speakers, it would be rated at 6 hours. I found that using the speakers at max volume I would get between 4 and 5 hours of playback and nearly 6 hours of playback at 75% volume.

Tested

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
my mate has one and it pwns. the speakers are remarkably good and very loud. he sed the bettery life is good aswell

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
w00t im gettin mine tomarrow xD! Hope everything goes well. Though im late out of school:(or shall I ditch school and get it!? hmm gettin a k5 or school..

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I say school is more important. :p

Back