Scheduled an SQL Event with your MySQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I want to post today a tutorial that will easily change your life about your retro management using Phoenix, Butterfly or any Uber based emulators. UberCMS is the only CMS that fit 100% all emulators based on it, I talk about a minor detail, people may forget it sometimes but here we comes, I want to talk about scheduled SQL events. For this tutorial I will explain how to use this tool for reloading automaticaly each 24 hours Respect Points et Scratch Points, but you can use it for others task as reload credits for a subscription every 31 days where the users have that column to 1 etc & etc..

/!\ You have to be the owner of your SQL server, this tutorial doesn't work for shared/mutual hosting /!\

I will make this tutorial for 2 version of phpMyAdmin: 3.5.2 and minor versions. Why 3.5.2, you say? You will see that 3.5.2 version of phpMyAdmin is a little bit less complicated than others.. (I can be confused about the versions, I don't know if the event scheduler was easily configurable too before 3.5.2)

phpMyAdmin 3.5.2 tutorial:
1st Step: Log In into your phpMyAdmin and select your database on the list as normal.

2nd Step: On the toolbar click on more (or whatever it's called in english and others languages, I'm french), and click on Events

3rd Step: Set the scheduler to actived or on (I don't know well the english version of PMA)

4th Step: Click on add an event and fill the fields with the required informations, put a name for your event. and change the event type to RECURRING. In the screenshot here's the informations to fill to create the event to reload respect points:

And for Scratch Points:

/!\ Obviously change the YOURDATABASEUSER to your username for the database and MACHINEHOST the host shown in top navigation bar /!\

Now take on the older versions of phpMyAdmin that don't have this tool:

1st Step: Log In to your phpMyAdmin and stay on the host dashboard and click on SQL in the toolbar.

2nd Step: And Paste this code inside, this will set the event scheduler variable to ON (Change ON to OFF and 1 to 0 in the SQL query to take off the variable)

Code:
SET GLOBAL event_scheduler = ON;
SET @@global.event_scheduler = ON;
SET GLOBAL event_scheduler = 1;
SET @@global.event_scheduler = 1;

3rd Step: Now go on your hotel database and click on SQL in the toolbar, and paste this code inside.

Code:
CREATE EVENT e_daily
    ON SCHEDULE
      EVERY 1 DAY
    COMMENT 'Reload Respect Points.'
    DO

UPDATE user_stats SET DailyRespectPoints = "3";

For Reloading Scratch points here's the code too:

Code:
CREATE EVENT e_daily
      ON SCHEDULE
      EVERY 1 DAY
    COMMENT 'Reload Respect Points.'
    DO

UPDATE user_stats SET DailyPetRespectPoints = "3";

And that's all, you can obviously change the query by what you want to create the wished event :
I've put all the image in a RAR file attached to this thread in case of the link of screenshots die one day, all image file are named to follow his step.

Download:

Don't doubt to like this tutorial : and tell me if it works perfectly as I've seen it working on my hotel,
Emetophobic (Originaly posted under Exception on Otaku)

Status
Not open for further replies.