Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Scroll Bug

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got the Server and Renaissance client from the links here. Got everything working. However, the client has a "scroll bug" in XP (And win2k, I assume from what I've read on the net).

Anyone have a workaround or a link to a fix?

Thanks.

Taz

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Clickslither said:
Google for a scroll fix.

I did. The closest thing I could find was some "news history" of a link being published on Gilroy's Site to some Russian Server site. Of course, there was no way to get the link from Gilroy's, and searching for the Russian site turned out to be no longer available.

Even this link _www_meridian-aotk_co_uk_/playertools_/_ is dead.
(Won't let me post links until after 5 posts)

I did get Windows 98 running in VMware and the bug is gone.

But I'd still like to get it running right natively in XP (So my friends don't have to download 250MB of Win98+Meridian in a VM file, plus download and install VMware player.)

-Taz

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Found it here

angelfire . com / rpg2 / meridian59pics / scroll_fix.zip

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now if I can just figure out the stupid crash bug from the other thread I'll be in business.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tecil said:
Now if I can just figure out the stupid crash bug from the other thread I'll be in business.

Wish I could help you, bud.

Client doesn't crash on me at all, and I've tried several XP computers, and so has some of my friends.

However, if you want to try what I did to "work around" the scroll bug... I'll explain what I did.

M59 was obviously made before Win2000 and XP... there's lots of older games that won't run right on those OS's.

So I downloaded the trial version of "VMWare Workstation".
I installed Windows 98 in a Virtual Machine, and installed M59 in that OS.

It's really neat software.... I was running Win98 inside Windows XP. And anyone can download the FREE VMWare Player and run your Virtual Machine File. I gave the Windows 98 OS 256MB of RAM.... more than enough for Win 98 and M59. You have to install the PCI128 Sound Blaster Drivers from Creative in Win 98, in order to get sound to work in the Guest VMOS. (Even if you don't run a Sound Blaster PCI 128 in your machine... that's the driver that the software will translate to your Host OS... regardless of card and drivers you really have).

Anyway.... you run the VMWare Player and boot Windows 98 inside of XP... hit Ctrl-Alt-Enter to switch to full screen mode.... and voilla... yer in business. No scroll bug... music plays at correct pace... the whole deal.

The only issue is that midi's don't emulate well... so you'll prolly want to turn the music off... but the rest of the sounds run fine.

Anyway... that might fix your crashing problem... or at least be a viable work around.

-Taz

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain the crash bug is related to my Athlon 64.

Every PC I've tried it on works great. It only crashes on my desktop, and the only way I can get it to be somewhat stable is by running a CPU slowdown app.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm... my friend runs it on an Athlon 64 4000+ without any issues.

Are you running Winblows 64?

Cuz he's just running 32-bit Windows XP Pro.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope just XP Pro.

Like I said I tried it on my other 4 systems and they are all various CPU speeds on XP Pro as well, but only my workstation is the one causing me problems.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
humm ..

humm, well, i remember .. a long time ago there was a fix for the scrool bug witch was two dll files you added into your win system32 folder, but i forget what they were .. :(
:ranting: :ranting:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you can get the dll files from m59-admin.land.ru and the crashing problem is probably because you dont have large graphics enabled... your computer is basically to fast so either use large graphics or just run a bunch of apps while you play... or if you know of some way to limit the CPU performance...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sibhod08 said:
you can get the dll files from m59-admin.land.ru and the crashing problem is probably because you dont have large graphics enabled... your computer is basically to fast so either use large graphics or just run a bunch of apps while you play... or if you know of some way to limit the CPU performance...

Even with large graphics it still does it. I also ran a CPU slow down utility that helped a lot more, but it would still crash every once in a while inside buildings. I turned down hardware acceleration when I was testing and it pretty much went away then.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help with that

RICHED20.DLL
RICHED30.DLL

place it onto your m59 root folder and enjoy...

You can find it here:
dll-files.com
windll.com

Have fun.

Riched.dll is also required. Don't forget it... it's more inmportant even then riched30.dll.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this topic reminds me of old pk-hq topics.. lol

ahhh a trip down memory lane

next u guys are gona be posting about roo files and how to edit them..oye

:3dflagsdo

Back