Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server Exp Rates/Player TNL/Quest Exp amount questions

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I wanted to preface this with saying that the posts here were more than helpful enough to get my pserver up and running. So thank you all for that.

With that being said, I have made a somewhat disheartening discovery. After setting everything up and getting re-acquainted with the game (Last I played was pre-Odyssey in like 2009) I started going down the line of training quests, as when I last played, the training quests were the main leveling pipeline. However after starting the main story line in Fort Phoenix, each quest I turned in gave me around five to eight levels worth of exp. I figured that maybe they changed the leveling pacing since I was away. I started playing three days ago. I am now level 63. I spent two days of that crafting and leveling my profession trying NOT to level.

My question is, in the released server files, were the character TNLs (To Next Level) modified to require significantly less exp? Were the training quests modified to give way more? Is the over-all server rate increased? My config says the server rate is 0.

Where can I see the character experience progression so I can compare it to retail Ether Saga in the ESOwiki? How would I go about changing the quest reward exp if it has been modified?

I was looking forward to following a somewhat similar progression as when I played retail. A "Full Retail Experience" if you will. However level 63 in a day and a half? Something seems off.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's the server image I am using. So far I was able to make it to level 90 doing nothing but training quests and I am in an area where I should be in my mid 20's, low 30's level wise. (Gaus Fazenda) This is waaaaay too accelerated of an XP rate.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I did a little investigating, and the Ubuntu Image you provided has the exp rate set to like 50. I completed a quest that was supposed to give me 150k, and it gave me 7,500,000. So is there a way to manually adjust this rate without using some Chinese tool that has not been translated?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, cool. That was my mistake that I overlooked that. Thank you.

Are you still active in ESO development?

Also, just to confirm so my dumb butt doesn't mess my entire server up, this gs file goes into gamed only, correct?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
not developing eso, had a play with it for a while, couldnt get into it.
yes the gs just goes into gamed, just back up old one just to be safe

it will need 755 permissions

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does it matter whether or not it has 755? I chmod my entire kdxy directory to 777

Back