Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server Setup + Client Done.. Friends can register but not login..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello i have issue with friends login to my server..
I am using API.exe from some ... chinese different files but without it dont let me connect my self
Server V2.5 with working client... on my side i can join
Friend can register via his IP/PC address(i do see his account in SQL) but unable to join me, always saying Login Failed... (so he is unable to even start a Client)
(using Test Launcher Client with these settings)
Test Launcher -Configuration.json-
{
"ClientExe": "CryGame.dll",
"AuthUri": " ",
"RegUri": " ",
"LoginUri": "local"
}

(PS I cannot help my self but i feel like LoginUri MUST BE different.. but i have no clue what to add to fix my problem and IF it fix problem)

Client -LoginServer.xml-
<LOGIN_SERVER>
<direct address="MyIP" port="5694" domainname="false" />
<web_service address="MyIP" port="5694" domainname="true" servergroup="europe" />
</LOGIN_SERVER>

Where do i am making mistake? its on my IP .. do i need enable Ports for router? if yes.. which ALL ones.. i tried put all i saw.. not sure still if got them all..
I did turn off or add server to Firewall also..
Yes i do have Public IP (made lot of servers before.. just not that much complicated..)
I am actually getting so sad and getting in depression .. Does someone know how to help me?
Also i am new into this stuff.. and videos i saw helped me go thru all this stuff... but most of stuff i needed to add my self or change ,find my self.. (so i guess i am not such "newbie") ;D

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Which server are you using, Korean or OU 1.6? or are you using the mata api and the modified laucher exe?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/release-icarus-server-files.1197847/post-9081916 this was post i dl files from
(No Clue if Korean or OU) Server was V2.5 .. "newest" launcher is 101xp. Version probably 1.18.28 api found on this website also but from some korean person.. i guess.. API was there as only IcarusAPI.exe i found.. others API that dont have exes have no clue how to use.. (but i do have many of them included in first one)

Oki we changed "AuthUri": " ",
to "AuthUri": " ",
and removed "LoginUri": "local" ...
no we are inside a game.. friend join our server but before he get into character selection he get white screen with loading and after that Unable to Connect to the Game Server. Try again Later.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1 - This server only works on sql server 2017 in 2019 it is buggy, and with the latest windows update 22h2 19045.2846, previous windows updates were bugging the sql server procedure.
2- If you already have sql server 2017 and windows in the latest version, put the error log generated by the World Server here, it can be found inside: Server/Log/World/Error

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh.. i actually do have both... 2017 + latest... does it mean i should go better for V3.1 or there be "maybe" a fix ;3? Whats best choice? well this is latest error i got (hope its right file)
+ there is new 19045.2913 update (did update my win to this version now)
++ U said SQL Server must be 2017... i do have SQL Server Configuration Manager 2017.0140.17041.00 installed but SQL Server Management Studio is 19.0.2.. is this what u meant that can causes problems?

I notice in LobbyServer log... and there is no config in Conf folder for it.. well there is but without these ports or ability to change it
Isnt this also wrong?
IntegrationServer Information - IP : 127.0.0.1, Port : 7201
ChannelingServer Information - IP : 127.0.0.1, Port : 4001

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The management studio is just the DBMS, even if it's the most recent it doesn't change anything, the important thing is sql 2017, I looked at the log and there's an error only when buying something in the store. but no, that's why he can't enter. You will really need to activate some ports, unfortunately my knowledge in TCP/IP protocols is too low to be able to help you.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello i have issue with friends login to my server..
I am using API.exe from some ... chinese different files but without it dont let me connect my self
Server V2.5 with working client... on my side i can join
Friend can register via his IP/PC address(i do see his account in SQL) but unable to join me, always saying Login Failed... (so he is unable to even start a Client)
(using Test Launcher Client with these settings)
Test Launcher -Configuration.json-
{
"ClientExe": "CryGame.dll",
"AuthUri": " ",
"RegUri": " ",
"LoginUri": "local"
}

(PS I cannot help my self but i feel like LoginUri MUST BE different.. but i have no clue what to add to fix my problem and IF it fix problem)

Client -LoginServer.xml-
<LOGIN_SERVER>
<direct address="MyIP" port="5694" domainname="false" />
<web_service address="MyIP" port="5694" domainname="true" servergroup="europe" />
</LOGIN_SERVER>

Where do i am making mistake? its on my IP .. do i need enable Ports for router? if yes.. which ALL ones.. i tried put all i saw.. not sure still if got them all..
I did turn off or add server to Firewall also..
Yes i do have Public IP (made lot of servers before.. just not that much complicated..)
I am actually getting so sad and getting in depression .. Does someone know how to help me?
Also i am new into this stuff.. and videos i saw helped me go thru all this stuff... but most of stuff i needed to add my self or change ,find my self.. (so i guess i am not such "newbie") ;D
if you are using 1.15 you have to edit api.exe source because using aother structure from table

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The management studio is just the DBMS, even if it's the most recent it doesn't change anything, the important thing is sql 2017, I looked at the log and there's an error only when buying something in the store. but no, that's why he can't enter. You will really need to activate some ports, unfortunately my knowledge in TCP/IP protocols is too low to be able to help you.
What i notice is that LobbyServer does this on start in log... and what i checked any other videos had IP where i do have (null) ...
04/28/23 17:26:55 [System] LobbyServer Information - IP : 127.0.0.1, Port : 7001
04/28/23 17:26:55 [System] Start Main Thread
04/28/23 17:26:55 [System] LogServer Information - IP : (null), Port : 10018
But i have really no clue.. i tried everything ... and i am so close to make it work.. but probably so far...
and also this is problem i cant find a way to fix
IntegrationServer Information - IP : 127.0.0.1, Port : 7201
ChannelingServer Information - IP : 127.0.0.1, Port : 4001
I did build API now together with testlauncher (that was included in folder)... problem was exe wasnt working so i only put there other stuff and used old testlauncher.. i did make it work.. i did manage to join.. but friends no...
Wasted 3 days to try every single thing :D maybe i do new pure start, try Virtual Machine or switch on V3.1 ^^ because i am giving up on this pretty soon ;D but thank you for trying to help ^^
PS: Server Version is 1.16.1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back