Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server up I connect to server friends NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
as title said server is router ips are all ok i connect to the server with global ip launcher etc .... Everything seems to be fine i give ppl same launcher same client they see the server click on it shows the second bar (with the little dots that show how many ppl are connected) 0.97d+0.99 and when they click at the second bar and wait for the log in screen to appear they get DC

anybody knows why?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
make sure you allow gameserver in firewall,

make sure you allow the port of the gameserver (mostly 55901)

make sure you use Global Ip on Mapserverinfo.dat

hope that helps

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also make sure that lang -> chs -> commonloc.cfg has your global IP and not your local IP

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
make sure you allow gameserver in firewall,

make sure you allow the port of the gameserver (mostly 55901)

make sure you use Global Ip on Mapserverinfo.dat

hope that helps

infact im missin that file never managed to find it ! although in lan my server worked great !

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Also make sure that lang -> chs -> commonloc.cfg has your global IP and not your local IP

im using local ip on it and still people can connect to server ONLINE

infact im missin that file never managed to find it ! although in lan my server worked great !

are you talking bout the mapserverinfo.dat? its located on DATA folder

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there is no such file ..................in data folder

Don't worry, 97d+99 isn't meant to have the mapserverinfo.dat file, it is the later versions that have this. You are using 97d+99 aren't you? Have you set up the loopback adapter? I had this same problem and in the old versions, depending on your OS system and router settings, this can be fixed by using a global IP in commonloc.cfg, are you already doing this? or is it your local IP? Best thing to do is play around with your IP's and make sure you've set up everything correctly, forwarded the ports, disabled your firewall,etc etc.Or follow a step-by-step router guide for setting up your server.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
kindly post here your files.. so that we can check it.. sorry bout that I didnt notice the file version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't worry, 97d+99 isn't meant to have the mapserverinfo.dat file, it is the later versions that have this. You are using 97d+99 aren't you? Have you set up the loopback adapter? I had this same problem and in the old versions, depending on your OS system and router settings, this can be fixed by using a global IP in commonloc.cfg, are you already doing this? or is it your local IP? Best thing to do is play around with your IP's and make sure you've set up everything correctly, forwarded the ports, disabled your firewall,etc etc.Or follow a step-by-step router guide for setting up your server.

i did that too replaced the commonloc local ip's to global ...... but nothing ...I hope its now my low upload rate that dc's them ....Cause they should just enter and get dc'd or lag a lot if it was connection prob !

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Did you add Ip on C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
something like that

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.x.x.x Webserver
Global IP Webserver

if u got those file.
X:\Muserver\DataServer\ "Check" AllowableIPList
X:\Muserver\ConnectServer "check" IP

Upvote 0