Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[SHARE]Good Stable Centos Bridged Connection

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like the title says...

First of all you must disable the vmnet adapters like Mahi did in the video.
Also i just figered this out becouse i had trouble if i turned centos off and next day back on, i could not connect to it anymore, So i could not connect to my server anymore, thats why i thought maybe other ppl have same problem so why not share whit you guys?:wink2:

Step 1:

Go to you vmware Click "Edit" -> "Virtual Network Settings"

Step 2:

Click "Automatic Bridging" then Click on Add and add your network card
(which your network cable is connected to..)

Step 3:

Click "Host Virtual Network Mapping" Click at a VMNet which got "Not Bridged" (i do & take the 9 one) select your network adapter you just added

Step 4:

Click "Ok" then go whit your mouse, right below the wmware screen, Right click Ethernet "Click Edit" Select Custom and the VMNet Nr you specified
for example like i did VMNet9 :)

Start centos and hf, Credit to Lazy

Ok, nothing to say more
just dont copy into other and say "i found" Leave "Credit to Lazy"

if i helped just press Thanks:p

Mvg Lazy

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
me too! its just how to setup your network properly in your VM centos and your network! mine has a working bridge between Vm network adaptors and my network it just working perfectly!

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not necessary at all. The only reason you couldn't connect to centos after rebooting it would be because it picked up a different ip via dhcp and all you need to do is make it staric. I use standard bridging and have never had problems.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there should be a thanks button for this.. didnt set mine to dhcp.. but for some reason it detected the wrong network adapter.. ive 3 network cards so >.<

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i did all that but i dont know what ip to put in the edit of eth0 and gateway and primary dns...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i did all that but i dont know what ip to put in the edit of eth0 and gateway and primary dns...

IP = ip of your centos
DNS, you can find a Status of Lan-Connection "nr" (default = 255.255.255.0)
Gateway, Also located there

Mvg Lazy

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
where i can find this status lan conection...i cant find him on my pc...:/

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
there should be a thanks button for this.. didnt set mine to dhcp.. but for some reason it detected the wrong network adapter.. ive 3 network cards so >.<

Set it to your primary should work ;) or try disable 1 of your cards you dont use or both depends on your netwrk setup :)

where i can find this status lan conection...i cant find him on my pc...:/

Well, i posted a screenshot, just dont reply "why is it dutch?" :p
its just to help but you'l see howto go there

Mvg Lazy

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back