Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Showcase] MMO Toplist

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Time to post another project of mine.. :icon6:

Just registred the domain for it, so with a bit of luck that'll be working when I post this. The idea behind it is that there are very many private MMO servers, but finding the right one is difficult, especially since most toplist sites only count votes. Sure, votes if fine if you want to see what server donates most, but personally I prefer to find servers with exactly the right amount of exp, droprate, just the right version, and preferably one that has been online for a long time.

MMO Toplist does this. Every 5 seconds a server is polled for 10 seconds, if the server responds in time its status is set to online and if it wasn't online before the exact time it went online is registred. The same thing hapens when a server goes offline. This allows people to see not only wether a server is online, but also for exactly how long it has been online.

I've kept the design simplistic, for two reasons: one, I am not a designer and I wanted something without too much excessive crap - I'm a great fan of google's easy interface for example. Secondly, this way the page loads very fast and doesn't take much bandwith. In fact, all the images on the page are not even 1kb, and the search function uses AJAX technology to only reload that part of the page that it needs to. All this also makes sure the page works in any browser and any resolution higher then 800x600, which 99.99% of the web nowadays complies to.

The score for each server is calculated on several criteria you can search for. The seach function allows you to easy turn off servers that are offline, and shows you also how long a server has been registerd. This all makes sure that if you search for a server you will almost always get the one that matches your needs best on top!

In the future I plan to add options to place a review for a server and select a sorting method yourself (instead of using the default matching algorithm), though I think in its current state it already rocks more then any toplist out there :icon6:

Last edited:
duck you, I'm a dragon
Reaction score
Looks cool, but I think there are a bit more mmo's then just the ones in your avaible server list. ;)
And maybe you should make the colours a bit darker to give it more of a mmo feeling?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I can add new MMO's quite easily, just give the call.. ;)

//edit
I've now added a form to add a new servertype, thats another problem fixed I think :icon6:

duck you, I'm a dragon
Reaction score
Oh and check your sitemap, it ain't working.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Hmpf, weird, showed the xml sitemap instead of the normal one.. Fixed now :smile:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Added reviews, all nifty including edit buttons etc, try it out! :icon6:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Add KalOnline section. :p

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Sections don't show up untill there actually is a server listed in them, keeps the site clean and stuff.. :icon6:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I don't mind a slow take off to be honest, just as long as in the end it obtains a lot of servers.. Once there are in all sections as much servers as in the MuOnline section it'll become popular, draw more servers, get more popular, draw even more servers, etc etc etc. Already 12% of its visitors now come from google, a week ago that was just 2%, so the effect is going in the right direction.

Ofcourse me using every SEO trick I know might've helped :icon6:

There's no RL just AFK
Reaction score
nice work fragfrog, it truly does make finding MMO servers easier

SiK

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
It would turn into a much more dependable reference for MMO finding if advertised and used more.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
No, its a lot better. Hopzone doesn't have a search, you can't sort by online/offline servers, hell, you can't even see for how long a server has been online or offline.

Apart from that, can you add your own custom game with Hopzone? Cause with mmo toplist you can! :wink:

Not to mention my google ranking is MUCH better since contrary to them I do know something about SEO :wink:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
*KICK*

Completely redid the design, what do you guys think? :icon6:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Seen it already. Wayyyy better than your previous one atleast.

If you could try and write that MMO List in a different font. Makes it looks classical and oldish. It doesnt have the MMO feel in it.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Yeah, I figure a new banner might be in order, though I kind'a like the classical look of this :smile:

Back