Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SilkRoad online remake on Unity

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Introducing project created with Unity engine. We are trying to remake this game as authentic as possible. Now it supports up to 500 players per server. This project is brought by enthusiasts, who love silkroad online. Old good memories, we are enjoying by creating this remake, we are hobbysts this project is slow but fun, attaching some screenshots and videos of progress. Nothing special, just wanted to share this, maybe somebody will be interested in this project. This project is not commercial, it will never be published, but if you want to try the server PM me. Everything is jut for fun, and for learning gamedev purposes.

satrebor - SilkRoad online remake on Unity - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Managed to get original animations. Need to polish, but I am more than half way.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Trying to add scriptable skills. Playing with speed and particles.

Playing with PET system. Looks like we have working pet!

Added house mounts. Need some polishing with mount position and animation.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some progress here. Lot of bugs, we are fixing them. BLADE / GLAIVE class available. Skills implemented.

Milestone:Create working quest system, which will be different from original game, instead of grinding, there will be more funny quests.

Skills area damage in progress. Unfortunately now its able to hit only one mob at once. With area damage there will be opportunity to use skills to effect all mobs around you.

Fishing implementation. Have you ever dream about fishing in silkroad? It will happen in SRO remake. You will be able to fish near the lakes, get some resources and use them to enhance you armor, weapon, earn gold and complete quests.

Import more mobs, we are working on importing more map data and recreating them.

Create epic job systemLots of work, but still, we are enjoying the process so we are going to keep updating as much as we can.

Follow the discord if you want get updates much faster.Any help is appreciated, if you would like to join dev team, just write me a message.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I did a little digging on this. This "project" is actually being done with an asset for unity released in the asset store called "ummorpg" or "ummorpg remastered"

or .

Honestly this project is just modifying that asset with its add-ons also available in the store .

For those out there, yes his using same silkroad online assets and maybe animations, but this project is bound to fail dramatically. Why? because that asset alone "ummorpg" is not truly designed to handle real mmorpg infrastructure.

My hopes with this project is as low as any other project using unity asset store assets to "re create silkroad online". Practically nonexistent. Bunch of the stuff his doing is already able to be done with ummorpg is just asset swap, but once again this backend is not truly made to handle in real mmorpg usage.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello mr. negative sir. If you would dig more, you could find, that there is more than uMMORPG asset from asset store. uMMORPG is really professional addon to create stunning MMORPG's, it supports up to 500 players on the server. 500 is more than enough for testing and fair gameplay. "ummorpg" is not truly designed to handle real mmorpg infrastructure." Why are you saying this? Did you read assset specification before commenting this? Please provide some evidence, that this asset could not handle real mmorpg structure? Also you was digging not enough, because all of custom things are made, without using any of addons instead of ummorpg.

As I can see of your recent posts in ragezone and other forums you were desperately trying to remake this game too, on the same asset, but you stuck with original SRO assets, because you did not figured out how to extract/import them. also you're very limited on 3D graphics and also no knowlege about basic blender skills, With this limited knowlege you have no rights to comment about my project if it will succeed or fail, all I can see is just envy, because you failed to do this.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some screenhots of testing the game of 4 connections.
Armor system - works.
New feature - weapons on players back when mounted.
Milestone: chat system, to be visible on player head, more maps, new skills.

Last edited:
Blade & Soul Eldoria Developer
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Hello mr. negative sir. If you would dig more, you could find, that there is more than uMMORPG asset from asset store. uMMORPG is really professional addon to create stunning MMORPG's, it supports up to 500 players on the server. 500 is more than enough for testing and fair gameplay. "ummorpg" is not truly designed to handle real mmorpg infrastructure." Why are you saying this? Did you read assset specification before commenting this? Please provide some evidence, that this asset could not handle real mmorpg structure? Also you was digging not enough, because all of custom things are made, without using any of addons instead of ummorpg.

As I can see of your recent posts in ragezone and other forums you were desperately trying to remake this game too, on the same asset, but you stuck with original SRO assets, because you did not figured out how to extract/import them. also you're very limited on 3D graphics and also no knowlege about basic blender skills, With this limited knowlege you have no rights to comment about my project if it will succeed or fail, all I can see is just envy, because you failed to do this.

Lol cute joke

So I did a little digging on this. This "project" is actually being done with an asset for unity released in the asset store called "ummorpg" or "ummorpg remastered"

or .

Honestly this project is just modifying that asset with its add-ons also available in the store .

For those out there, yes his using same silkroad online assets and maybe animations, but this project is bound to fail dramatically. Why? because that asset alone "ummorpg" is not truly designed to handle real mmorpg infrastructure.

My hopes with this project is as low as any other project using unity asset store assets to "re create silkroad online". Practically nonexistent. Bunch of the stuff his doing is already able to be done with ummorpg is just asset swap, but once again this backend is not truly made to handle in real mmorpg usage.

You take my words , it’s a copy paste of joymax work that all with only unity render

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope, its not just pure copy, we are implementing new features like fishing. We are going to remake all the assets, original just for testing.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
looks ugly.
better play without remake looks much better

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is awesome work bro! hope you guys continue working on this. excited to test this sooon! how about digging some mines(resources) for additional upgrades on items

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Project is not dead, :) some updates.
This is not private server or same game, its different game on Unity game engine. Hello, as you will see there is a lot of bugs, but we are trying our best. Recently we upgraded project from standart Unity render pipeline to HDRP so you will notice how graphics is better. This SilkRoad online remake is a fan made, no official release planned, we are team of 2, so the game development will be long, but exciting, enjoy gameplay.

Back