• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Software to rename large amount of music

Reaction score
I have about 1000 various tracks that begin with numbers or symbols and was wondering if there was a piece of software that could rename a large number of my tracks or remove parts of the name?

I know I've seen and used something similar to what I'm looking for but I can't remember the name.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have about 1000 various tracks that begin with numbers or symbols and was wondering if there was a piece of software that could rename a large number of my tracks or remove parts of the name?

I know I've seen and used something similar to what I'm looking for but I can't remember the name.

maybe? Google returns 100's of them I guess just choose one and give it a try. What could go wrong 1000+ songs without no names? :w00t: lol seriously a proper library is handled by hand. Renaming them one by one and separating them in folders according to album etc.

Reaction score
I know google brings up a large amount but I would rather use one that other users have had experience with. I know there was a piece of software that was meant exactly for renaming large amounts of files and it had a ton of options.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
has always been useful for me.. I don't know what you think about it! But it's free and has several different methods for renaming!

Back