Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Some help on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Problem nr 1.
Database reconstruction (This is needed to be done to actually be able to login to game when not running locally)

Clean all logfiles on server (they are in the log folder)
Start the server (We will come to the server start problems in a little while so keep reading)
After you started server let it run a couple of minutes then login/try to login to game it will launch alot of errors.
Now look in the logs on server it will be alot of info in them about the tables/posts that are missing in the database in them now.
You will have to do this alot of times to get up all the missing stuff and some table errors wont come up untill after server been up and running 2 or 3 days with people on it, so always look through the logs.

Problem number 2.
CA error (you need a valid certificate)
Where do you get a valid certificate "well not from warmonger atleast thats a proven fact"
Instead open the world server in a debugger then look at the text strings.
You will see 2 different certificate 1 is the one that is in the ini file and then it is another one further down.
Use the second hash it is a valid one.

**edit**
Forgot to tell that you need to have CA info active.

Problem number 3.
Thread error will likely come up debug the server and reroute the code to solve this problem.

Problem number 4.
Missing data in game.
Make sure you sync server and client side so they use same set of files for map protocols and script data and so same string file is used or nothing will work as it should.

That is some of the problems that you will encounter when you are about to start a server in a non local mode.
It is alot of debugging and reprogramming needed to actually make the server run so other people can connect to it.
The server is not 100% complete so dont expect 100% of the stuff to work. Only way to get everything to work is to get newer files but then you come to the problem that no english client will be able to connect to them so you will have to translate everything manually "Thats what me and my team currently are doing with the 3.1.2.0 files"

If you still have problems getting the server started remember to look in logs. The server logs most errors and give a clue on where to look to solve it.

I hope this info helps out the non lazy people on this forum and give you all some good info and ideas on how to solve your problems.

I dont want to give out to much information since i want people to find their own solutions on errors and maybe in the future be able to contribute with ideas and solutions.

//Enigma

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back