Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Some issues with hosting

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Alright I have an issue here and Ill outline it to the best of my ability. As a note, I am using the MANGOS ~Platinum~ pack for my base on a stand alone server, not running the mangos server on my desktop.

When I have the whole thing up it works just fine when I connect to it from my desktop adjacent to my desktop, connects just fine no problems. When I attempt to have someone connect from the outside, it sees the realm as offline once you type in valid login and password. AND YES, for those of you who will ask, i have done port forwarding to the server. Ports 8086, 3306, 3724 and 3443 are all forwarded to the server. Is there more that need to be done or is something else wrong with my server.

8085 is needed... not sure about 3443
but 8086 is definately wrong

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
mmm...sounds like you havn't edited your host file to include
external ip...............no-ip
62.45.32.117............yourservers.no-ip.address
for example

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
open with notepad
If you wish to host on a lan make sure you change the realmlist table address (found in the realmd db)
to point to your servers lan ip instead of 127.0.0.1

and add

<server-lan-ip> localhost

to your \windows\system32\drivers\etc\host file e.g.

192.168.1.42 localhost

everyone else on your lan would change the realmlist.wtf to

set realmlist <server-lan-ip>

If you wish to host on the internet get a <no-ip> address from or similar. This is more secure than giving out your external ip. This goes in your realmlist table address(found in the realmd db)
Make sure you ADD to your \windows\system32\drivers\etc\host file the following

<external-ip> <no-ip>

e.g.

82.61.204.112 my.game-server.cc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.0.5 alpha-serv
71.36.19.63 darkwar.no-ip.org

DB points as follows:

1 Darkwar 192.168.0.5 8085 1 2 1 127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;mangos

still they cant connect past the login screen, still says the realm is 'offline' yet across the lan, no problems.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, whole new issue, i switched to project rage repack and things work great now. My problem is the following, I have no problems getting people in from the outside, but I cant connect on the lan, is it not possible to do both? Also, when i try to connect from the outside it just disconnects from the server when I try to authenticate.

Back