Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Sql

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Guys i have Vista but MSSQL 2000 doesn't support Vista.

and i can't create local machine.

so at the GAMESERVER edit i can't leave localhost coz i can't get succes at sp_cabal_newcha if i check it it give me error and when i put my sql server at server i get succes.

so idk how to make server coz evryone has local machine

pls anyone help me i need help very bad thx:construct

srry about bad english.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what do u mean ? i dont get it im using 2005 yes but dont works 2 and restoring DB's is F*cked up i wanna kno how to use mssql 2000 on Vista and how to run Service Manager coz it gives me error when i wanna start the server

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sql 2000 does not work on vista from the info i have seen. You need 2005.

I know there is no security section on 2005 express to create the linked server on and you have to do it via a command and i could not get that working. I would suggest 2005 developer edition if possible.

If i can figure out the linked server problem on express i will post it so it can be added to the sticky.

Restoring databases is no different in 2005 that it is on 2000 so i don't get what you mean by "restoring DB's is F*cked up".

We need to know what that error you see when starting the service is. It is pointless saying you get an error and not saying what it says as the error is the clue as to what is wrong.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Guys i have Vista but MSSQL 2000 doesn't support Vista.

and i can't create local machine.

so at the GAMESERVER edit i can't leave localhost coz i can't get succes at sp_cabal_newcha if i check it it give me error and when i put my sql server at server i get succes.

so idk how to make server coz evryone has local machine

pls anyone help me i need help very bad thx:construct

srry about bad english.

i am use vista too and ms sql 2000 work here .. without problems

Upvote 0
Back