• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

StarEmulator - Star Sonata Emulator

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
C++ is good, but it's not worth the effort if there's C#.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
uh guys, i think Nighthound's account got hacked.
Nighthound is the guy working on the ssps with me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tell him to recover or create a new account because if this one isn't recovered soon it'll be banned...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
he cant, they changed the email.

I have contacted a mod for him

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How's the project going, folks? Have you been able to get in-game?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can see my spaceship now, and can move around. (Not like movement's impressive, I haven't done anything with that)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You're just jealous of my hot body. I can't wait to see a final version of these... hacking/crashing them will be so ridiculously easy. On a lighter note, I only got an infraction for racism... lolz.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [Release]StarEmulator - Star Sonata Emulator

I don't know what this emulator is for...

But there is already an emulation device which is capable of running star sonata on macs, (I have noticed infrequent crashing bugs when you undock, in certain areas.. but it's worth it.)

Crossover Games, think of it as an expensive wine on steroids, at first it won't work, but if you go to.

library-application support- crossover games-bottles-default (or the one it is installed in) drive_c- program files- system32..

Now, download dinput8, dump it in there..

go to the bottle configuration device (I forgot the name, it's not reboot or task manager)

library (or something similar), add dinput8 to the list...

Now, your done.

reboot it once, then enjoy star sonata, there are a few minor glitches, such as crashing in certain areas, and the station tabs not being shown (only a few of them, this can be worked around by simply using all tab instead)

But that never bothered me.

Now, your set...

(All credit to quantum from the star sonata forums.. even if he never will see this o_O)
Enjoy star sonata on mac, it may cost a bit to buy the emulator.. but it's worth it in my opinion (I got my copy of crososver games free, thanks to giveaway due to geroge bush:blink:)

I probably won't ever check this post again, don't even ask wtf I was doing to find this on google..

*Just noticed the post above, thats a defi won't ever check back to this freaky place again...

Good luck.

Oh.. and this probably works for the linux version as well.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Is it working now? and btw,im banned from Star Sonata,if so will the emulator let me play even if im banned from the game?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hey, I'm new to Ragezone and came across it while searching for a Star Sonata emulator or private server. This thread looks pretty much dead since there hasn't been a reply since 2009, but I thought I might try it anyways. Also, I wanted to know if there was a way to play SS without the server and stuff, just on your own computer so you could get past lvl 20 w/o paying and stuff like that. I know it kind of defeats the purpose of MMOGs, but I enjoy playing the game occasionally and I do not always have an internet connection.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

hey guys, there is any news on the emulator? the download links is broken.

Back