Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Stream vs Download

Stream or Download

• Stream

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Download

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Download so i can watch anytime and dont have to rely on an internet connection, imagine if u never downloaded any anime and ur net was down

if you had downloaded you could watch it ;-o

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
sutsurikeru also mentions another good point, with streaming you are required to have an internet connection anytime you want to watch another episode. Whereas with downloading, this doesn't apply (obviously you'd need an internet connection at some point to download it), and you'd be able to watch anime on-the-go. For example, I downloaded all the Fullmetal Alchemist episodes so I could watch it during a long drive. I wouldn't have been able to do this if I streamed anime.

All in all, downloading has more advantages than streaming, and also less disadvantages. IMO downloading is the better choice, which is why it is my choice.

Most of the reasons people give for streaming are really weak:

1. Quicker - True, but not by much. You have a delay of like what, 3-15 mins for the first episode? (after the first you wouldn't have any delays, assuming your on a relatively decent connection)
  2. Short on space - Every OS comes with a delete function, which takes like what, a second to do?
  3. Only going to watch it once - More of a reason to watch it in good quality IMO. See the previous two.
  4. Easier - Hardly. For one, it's easier to find downloads for an anime, compared to finding a stream for it. I don't see how one extra step (opening the video after it completes) makes it harder. When I used to use streams, I spent more time looking for the anime, and confirming all the episodes, compared to now that I download instead.

What major advantages DOES streaming have over downloading? Like, none? Only advantage so far is not having to wait for the first episode, which really isn't much of an advantage.

Super Mexican
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Stream hands down.
Especially when you're like me and have a lame 20GB hewlett packard.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Stream. I only watch once also I don't wanna wait a few minutes to watch once.

Super Mexican
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ive watched FMA 4 times

Code Geass 3 Times

And atm im re watching Element Gelade :D

I personally like to watch things only once. That's why I chose stream. Maybe when I get through all the stuff, I'll go back and re-watch them.

^^

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ive watched FMA 4 times

Code Geass 3 Times

And atm im re watching Element Gelade :D

Well yea that really depends on the person.
And also if you're net is down go outside and get some fresh air du'h :winky:

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i agree with inzane
but in general dl is better

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Stream hands down.
Especially when you're like me and have a lame 20GB hewlett packard.

lol, me to , only 40 gig and that would fill so fast if i DL entire bleach>.<

but the thing that has happened(in some places) is bandwidth limitation, thus you might not want to stream anime over again if you watched it already
thus DL is better.

and you tube gets annoying when it cuts off in the middle of an episode, or freezes(when a lot of people are using at one time, slows down so much):mad:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
just to shed some light into your daily life, there is actually a site which offers high quality streaming divx with compatibility towards the newest coded as far as i know.

it is called vreel and many sites do host their anime there (well the ones that do give a crap for quality and dun have a sh1tload of bandwidth + speed.

They are currently upgrading the site but will be available from 1st as far as i know again. look forward to it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
personally speaking i prefer to steam, BUT! sometimes , i download the movies/series i want to archive to see them at a future time.The reason is that maybe the site which hosts the series goes down/ video gets deleted/your coutry is banned from the site( like veoh, i cant watch videos from there anymore) etc.

Reaction score
why would i have 24mb internet and a nice big hd monitor to watch a crappy stream...?

i download so i can watch full screen from my bed with proper quality

beAwesome();
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Streaming once it's veoh, divx or megavideo that's when you get some good quality besides it's faster than downloading them...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Download = Higher quality but waiting
Steam = Low quaitly but instant watching

im pretty sure people want quality cause streaming sucks:blink:and really it mostly depends on the person if you cant wait 5min download a episode or if you just want to see wut happends and dont care about quality

I PERFER QUALITY
DL FTWW

and anywayz when you DL it you can watch it over and over but on websites its usally removed or the user is banned lolz

Last edited by a moderator:
beAwesome();
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Download = Higher quality but waiting
Steam = Low quaitly but instant watching

im pretty sure people want quality cause streaming sucks:blink:and really it mostly depends on the person if you cant wait 5min download a episode or if you just want to see wut happends and dont care about quality

I PERFER QUALITY
DL FTWW

and anywayz when you DL it you can watch it over and over but on websites its usally removed or the user is banned lolz
If you use veoh divx or such you will notice a higher quality than others.

Back