Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Stream vs Download

Stream or Download

• Stream

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Download

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I usually prefer streaming also. I only download if that anime is not available as stream or quality sucks. Only anime I ever downloaded was Death note, because I wanted to watch it again with my friend and I really liked it, which made it worth downloading. I can also give several reasons why streaming > downloading:

You don't need any players/codecs etc, it is a lot faster if you only wanna see if anime is worth of watching, it's easier to find and you don't have to track for peers if you are trying to find some old & good animes. (I had to) So, I prefer streaming 110%.

Derf

Reaction score
I usually prefer streaming also. I only download if that anime is not available as stream or quality sucks. Only anime I ever downloaded was Death note, because I wanted to watch it again with my friend and I really liked it, which made it worth downloading. I can also give several reasons why streaming > downloading:

You don't need any players/codecs etc, it is a lot faster if you only wanna see if anime is worth of watching, it's easier to find and you don't have to track for peers if you are trying to find some old & good animes. (I had to) So, I prefer streaming 110%.

Derf
guess you dunno what is? codec problem solved

finding torrents of animes is easy, just go to boxtorrents > plenty of seeders, failing that find the sub group thats covered the anime, and get it from there official

ok its faster ill agree, id rather just leave my PC on overnight then judge by a small youtube box or summin

all your reasons kinda suck :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Huh. I never said that I don't know where to get codecs. I prefer VLC player myself, if I watch downloaded anime/.avi/.whatever. I said that some people may not know how to or are too lazy to get them. And talking about torrents, I didn't mean every Bleach episode which 522262 teenagers from all over the world watch, I meant some good & old animes that are not seeded, or are not famous. And, I rather use my 1.5mb/second to stream than to find torrent and download. My reasons only suck, if you don't get the point of them. :c

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I download. So I can rewatch it one day, and it will fit my screen, unlike when streaming it leaves boxes on the sides.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol crash took away my ***** on this one...

dl ftw

Reaction score
I prefer to download most of the time.

See, I actually care about video quality, and prefer to watch my video at 720p H264, or as close to that as I can get, and when an episode is ~350MB per episode at that quality, it would take a long time to stream. Instead of waiting for my stream to load when I feel like watching it, I just keep uTorrent open as much as possible and then I can watch the episode when I feel like it, without waiting for 5 or 10 minutes just for it to buffer enough.

I also prefer to keep my Anime archived whenever possible because I do sometimes rewatch it, and sometimes I'll download it, watch it, and then watch it with my girlfriend, or my friends.

Not to mention it's a PAIN to find people who have actually uploaded an entire series on veoh or other sites. Too many people will upload 1 or 2 episodes and leave it at that, making you have to spend another 20 minutes just trying to find the missing episodes. It's so much easier just to find a batch torrent and not have to worry about trying to track every episode down.\

Not to mention that most uploads are subbed by groups that normally release their videos in torrents anyway, which means you need to wait for the users to download the torrent, and then upload the video, as opposed to just finding the torrent yourself and downloading it directly.

Plus, if you go to the actual fansub websites and get your releases directly, you get introduced to their other projects and can find anime you've never heard of, or find out more about something you just heard the name of. So it also helps you find more stuff to watch.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Download = Better Quality

Gundam 00 Season 2, the episode I dl'd seemed to be HD ;o Which sucks cause my pc fails at watching HD media xD also gives me reason to use my dvd burner and LEAVE MY ROOM ^_^ to watch on a bigger screen!

I only have a 20gb limit and im not about to waste that crap 20gb on poop quality crap thats not even worth the time wasted on waiting for it to buffer :D

My GS 00 S2E1 is 391mb and has a resolution of 1280x720 (Im guessing thats 720p? not up to it with HD stuff)

How can I watch it without my pc being gay and lagging the audio Im using Media Player Classic and it makes cpu go 100% >_>

Don't you mean Bizzarro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I miss stage6... =/ cant find another site like it so i download it now.
I miss stage6 because of the amazing quality of the videos it was just to good to last.

But anyways downloading is way better if you like the sound and video quality a lot and also if you want to archive it and rewatch it like stated in the first post.
But I do watch streaming animes sometimes if I want to fly through a series like just the other day I started watching Wolfs Rain again at Veoh it had good overall quality though but I just didn't feel like waisting time downloading it.

Back