Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tera is going free to play!!!

Reaction score

Update;

A bunch of us are playing it. To play go to and download the client. There is a 7 day trial until it goes free in February. My current char is on Killian (EU PVP) called "mentalrz". Add me.

QUUvk - Tera is going free to play!!! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I've been looking forward for this game a long time ago but it was pay to play and now that its completely free. I'm gonna be playing it straightly until another MMORPG induce me. And is this surely gonna be open for all regions? Because some articles shown that its only the European TERA becoming free to play which people said that it has an IP blocked.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It's pretty awesome and for those wondering without doing the research no there will be absolutely NO crippling restrictions for free to play members. You have the complete game available upon log in. It will feature a cashshop with cosmetics and exp boosts. Thats about it for now unless they change it up but I feel this to be a big step in progression for the mmo communities. I mean not to say this game is a titan among mmos but the detail put into the artwork alone seems like its worth paying for and now its going to be completely free. :) So to everyone thinking about trying this, try it.

Edit: This video should fill everyone in on some details.
[video=youtube;gXIl2iZ7vn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gXIl2iZ7vn0[/video]

Reaction score
Its really not that great. They spent way too much on marketing the game and made it end up sounding far better than it actually is. Extremely overhyped.

Very cool concept but the speed at which you get bored of the game doesn't make it worth being a p2p game. Hopefully they'll get more players (and old ones back) after their f2p model launches.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
Only thing the same between Tera and WoW is the fact they are MMO's...no click and spam here...you actually have to have skill to play.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good news, i always wanted to play this game and it's closer to me now ! and btw i registered / downloaded for unlimited trial before f2p, i can login to web but can't login via launcher, any idea?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay, i found something might be useful for European players;

Register to here and as it say from mail it will be f2p too.
- After the switch to free2play, you will only have 2 character slots available. If you create more than two characters, then you will have to delete the additional ones later.

Aww, you looking here? <3
Reaction score
Might give the game a whirl, even though I diss'd it awhile ago with that race for Pedo's initially due to it being very revealing, for a childlike race .. :p

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Anyone interested in starting a RZ guild when it goes f2p?

Reaction score
Finally, I knew this game would go F2P. P2P models just don't exist anymore. Any game that starts out as p2p always switches to a f2p model in due time. At some point they're going to learn you gain more by not trying to squeeze money out of people.

Reaction score
I used to play it a ton, but then I kinda didn't want to pay for it anymore so stopped, but when it's going F2P me and my friends are all getting back on our accounts :D!

Back