Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Texture Packing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello community, I have a question regarding the game's texture files (.TTX).

I had been tinkering with texture files for quite some time now using Agnares's hard-coded method and even though it works pretty well I started noticing a bit of a downfall in performance when using higher number of textures (around 300) and also a weird accumulation of noise in those textures (but that might be caused by the engine's way of rendering not sure). So I was wondering if anyone managed to pack multiple pngs into one TTX file, if so I would love to hear about it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's a problem of textures ? Or model associated to these textures ?
Well it isn't the model since all of those textures are applied on flat terrain (all of them are maptile textures) and it shouldn't be the textures either. I upscaled them from 256x256 to 512x512 which I thought might be the cause of the noise accumulation but it isn't since it's there even when the texture is 256x256 so I thought that it might be because of the way it loads the textures. Not really sure though.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wich d3d function do you use to load the texture ? :D
The one from Agnares, specifically the one that loads by texture position and it's used as a "child" function under LoadTEX function in TachyonRes.cpp.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update: Solved! As it turns out the images themselves were problematic since they weren't the correct format, after changing the format to the correct one the issue was no longer present.

Upvote 0
Back