Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The future of Gunz Private Servers!! Read and Vote!!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok, my server is only in Alpha stage but maiet is already afraid of me. So now im afraid for getting sued. I got 2 idea's so think with me.

Idea 1:
Do what im doing. Release stuff and help peaple build their server. By doing this their will be many private servers. But the peaple that need help ain't got the knowledge to make their server origional. So the better peaple (teams) will still got the most members and MAIET can't do anything because they just ain't got the time to sue everyone. And this do work, look at blizzards World Of Warcraft.

Idea 2:
We can also create a team of pro's and start on decrypting .mrs files, map files and model files. This will allow us to edit everything and make a "new" game. This will prevent us for getting sued by use of the copyright law.

Read this all and vote. Don't forget to make a reply when voted to keep this conversation going, because we do need to do something about this. Yes LGKeiz, im also talking to you, i do want to know what you're planning to do.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Idea 2:
We can also create a team of pro's and start on decrypting .mrs files, map files and model files. This will allow us to edit everything and make a "new" game. This will prevent us for getting sued by use of the copyright law.
They can still sue you if you're using their server files, no matter what maps and models you're using.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i say start on decrypting .mrs files, map files and model files and almost make it look like a new game or make it like on WoW you can walk round to places
and do quset mode that way...

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
i say start on decrypting .mrs files, map files and model files and almost make it look like a new game or make it like on WoW you can walk round to places
This is great idea.

Idea 2

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
no this would alter the files in such away that they can not clam them as theres

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Idea 2 for sure.
I do graphic design, and I'm pretty decent at it.
If you need someone to help make textures and such, PM me.
I've always wanted a Gunz with high-res textures.

I did think of something though.
Even if you edit all that, isn't the game engine or whatever still theirs?
Cause I thought that mrs stuff was just how information is processed in the game, not the game itself. Talking in terms of replay system, camera, all the character animations, ect.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you find out how to edit map files and not just the textures and my art skills are at your service.

Idea 2 ftw.

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
even with idea 2, you still use the gunz engine....

its hard.... maiet is preventing us from knowing exactly how gunz is made to prevent us from making a new and better gunz (gunz v3 xD)

what would also be possible... but its hard to do... is when someone gets sued, all pservers help paying the sued person as a sort of unagreement that they didnt sue the rest of us. which means.... omg nvm im confused ><

but I think its harder for them to sue you when you translate the whole gunz into ur own language and make a pserver for ur country. since there isnt any other gunz in that language they cant really say: go play ijji or igunz. you can say: no, high ping or no, I wanna play with only <countryname> people.

btw, bep... I told u 3x... its PEOPLE, not PEAPLE >.>

- edit

Idea 2 is not possible. dont u know what happened the past few years? 2 USA and JAP companies were stealing each other ideas for cameras so they kept sueing each other. now they made an agreement but still. even if u make a new gunz, ur using original gunz engine

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Exactly, so for Idea 2 to work you'd have to:
- Alter the game engine enough where they can't claim it as theirs
- Make new character models and animations
- Take out the replay system, or remake it
- Take out quest mode, or remake it
- Remodel the maps enough where they can't claim it as theirs

Those are only the difficult things.
Any other difficult things that I missed?

Guntrix said the license for Gunz is 500 grand, how much do you think it would cost to hire 1-2 skilled developer(s) to take apart the game and piece it back together different and to the communitys liking?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
pro developers to make a new game like gunz?

I dont think 2 people can do that... u'll need more, and it would take a year or so + u'd need to buy programs to make certain files. and those arent cheap (some are 500 bucks each -.-)

Id say it would cost 300G to do that

I didnt vote in poll since non of them apply to me.

im not scared, but its not that im not scared either....
idea 1... nah, you can be sued for helping too. "medeplichtig" (bep knows what it means ^_~;)
idea 2... could be sued even more than with normal pservers as far as I know

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
um..agen thats for the license, you know that what cost more them to make the game, so you to make money from it!

true we will have to take out the replay system, but the game engine may need to b changed for the new changes

no its ezy to undo some think then it is to do some think
you can find most programs of the web for free and they dont have to b la-git, so agen torrents come into play

like with dear 2 if they did try and sue just break a deal telling how you did it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
rofl if your going to go with idea 2 then you mine as well put your effert into writing a new game.

i've been working on a opengl based game engine for the last 2 month and less then halfway done with it. but when i finish it i plan on using it to make a gunz type game. since it will be a 'test' project i will probably just release the server and files so others can host it hehe.

but back on topic, even if you make new maps/models/interface you are still using there files and a simple debug comparison could prove that they are theres.

not posible the game is not designed for that, you WOULD have to make a totaly new client/server for that to be possible.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I didn't mean as much creating a whole new game like gunz, but taking gunz and remaking/tweaking certain features enough to void the copyright.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I didn't mean as much creating a whole new game like gunz, but taking gunz and remaking/tweaking certain features enough to void the copyright.

you cant tweak features to avoid copyright. if you use one line of original code then they still have the right to sue you. think about the microsoft/linux lawsuit a couple years ago. one of the linux companys sued microsoft for over 10mill because they used one line of code that was developed by there company.

copyright law is a witch, and it will bite you in the butt if you dont watch it.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just looked through google for that lawsuit you mentioned and I couldn't find it.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Idea 1, as well as 2.
Continue to release stuff and help people as well as set up a team to decrypt those compressed files.

Upvote 0

mts

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey lets divide the "procs" for idea 2.. I can get free BGMs for the game. and edit a litle bit the sounds..

Lets mod this game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
either way you're getting sued

Upvote 0
Back