Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Go Programming Language

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Has anyone tried this? I'm currently using it for quickly prototyping a private server but I get more and more tempted to keep using it permanently. It's just so simple yet powerful.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fix the error reporting, default value should be set to "0" after debugging is completed.

error_reporting(0);
or
@ // before any line of code that can return errors.

You will not get a professional PHP programmer for free, becareful. Most of the people here do not know how to successfully prevent SQL injection nor secure forms. :)

Reaction score
Fix the error reporting, default value should be set to "0" after debugging is completed.

error_reporting(0);
or
@ // before any line of code that can return errors.

You will not get a professional PHP programmer for free, becareful. Most of the people here do not know how to successfully prevent SQL injection nor secure forms. :)
what you on about

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Interesting. Will have to take a look sometime in the future.

Oh yes, it is. I really like the goroutines and syntax although it was annoying at first when I typed C statements everywhere. It took me next to no time to create a prototype of a private server because of the simple net package and fast compile times. I did a lot of "compile, run, fix syntax error" cycles at first and it was just as fast as if I had used Python or similar language.

what you on about

Probably an answer to the PHP error thread posted in wrong thread.

2pi

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys,that's only a google's gcc edit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys,that's only a google's gcc edit

You're wrong, totally wrong.

It's a general purpose programming language designed and developed at Google with concurrency and many other fancy things. Implementations are whole different thing.

Last edited:
Infraction Baɴɴed
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i told my brother about this and he said their trying to combine python and C++ together into 1 language

Reaction score
I have looked a bit in to it, and based on personal experiences and a few other programmer's input - Python and Ruby beat it out.

Python has more third party libraries, while ruby is a bit easier and has Ruby on Rails [very powerful php alternative... web framework... used by many sites, such as hulu.com and twitter.com]

Still, it'll be interesting to see how this language grows and compares to it's main competitors, i.e. Ruby and Python.

Reaction score
It really does seem like a mix between Python and C at first glance.

But I'll stick to Python.

Another thing to note is that Go is a statically typed compiled language where as Python and Ruby (I don't code ruby but I believe it's) a dynamically typed interpreted language. Which would make Go naturally (but not necessarily) quicker.

Since it's fairly new, give it some time and Google will pimp it up, get a community, and it'll surpass my beloved Python in at least 2-4 years. Especially if it works on Mac, Linux, and Windows.

Back