Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

the IBM 5100

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hi guys/gurls, wonder if u ppl could hlp me little, im tryin to find the names of the people who help create the IBM 5100 computer, what is it?

The Model 5100 is IBM's first microcomputer, i.e. not a mainframe, and is also considered the world's first portable computer. Although at 55-pounds, it might best be described as "self-contained" rather than "portable".

Weighing approximately 50 pounds and sized slightly larger than an IBM typewriter, the 5100 Portable Computer was announced by the company's General Systems Division (GSD) in September 1975. The Portable Computer was intended to put computer capabilities at the fingertips of engineers, analysts, statisticians and other problem-solvers. Available in 12 models providing 16K, 32K, 48K or 64K positions of main storage, the 5100 sold for between $8,975 and $19,975. The 5100 was available with either APL or BASIC ? or both ? programming languages.

been searching on ibm's website using their search facility but no luck :(

wondering why im this? personal research 0.o thx alot guys in advanced

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
lol what info i need is that im tryin to find out the creators of the computer 5100 made by the company IBM back in the 1970's

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had one similar to that, and it was a Compaq, well not Had I still have it somewhere

Back