Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Most Terrifying Button On Facebook

www.RaGEZONE.com
🅰🅳🅼🅸🅽🅸🆂🆃🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Buried deep in your profile is a button that shows all your activity, including who you search for. Facebook knows your deepest secrets — and it's not letting you forget it.

[h=1]n your profile page, click on the Activity Log:[/h]

MentaL - The Most Terrifying Button On Facebook - RaGEZONE Forums

[h=1]In the Activity Log, there's an checkbox to show "Only Me" activity:[/h]

[h=1]Whaaaaaaaaat????[/h]

[h=1]OH GOD NO[/h]

[h=1]NOOOOOOOO[/h]

Our Facebook profiles are all about who we want to be, not who we actually are. Facebook offers enough controls to tailor what actually shows up on your profile and in your friends' newsfeed that you can get away with seeming like a half-decent human.
The opposite of our manicured social profiles is search. Search is embarrassing. Search is or to look for topless celebrity photos. Search is our horrible, gross humanity leering back at us.
On Facebook, the search box is what we use to stalk our exes or creepily keep up with a high school crush. Seeing who you've searched for on Facebook, right there on your activity log, is downright mortifying. The "Only Me" activity is like seeing the gnarled hideous portrait of Dorian Grey we've been hiding in our attic, while our public-profile selves have been posting our happy vacation and brunch photos agelessly.
The searches are "Only Me" by default, and clicking that button on your profile doesn't mean anyone else can see them. We should know by now not to feel shocked that Facebook knows whose profile we've looked at or that what we search for is stored in some server in a data center at the bottom or a volcano or something. Yet it's a surprise that this information is actually sitting there on your profile this whole time, visible if you want it.
While this information is private, imagine if someone had access to your account from your computer, which isn't a totally unreasonable circumstance. Young people even have a name for it: "frape," for Facebook rape, a term that isn't appropriate, but endures nonetheless. Of course, if someone is able to access your Facebook account, it's between you and your priest what other horrors they might find in your inbox. Yet even those of us with a clean conscience would probably still feel like a huge creep when faced with our people-search history.
This feature has been around on Facebook for a while, but most people will be surprised it exists. I only discovered this while reading relationship advice on Reddit (I know, I know). A Redditor was trouble by information he found in his girlfriend's search logs when he snooped into her account. Although she didn't exchange messages with other guys, she repeatedly searched one particular guy. A crime in thoughts only.
Seeing your full activity log is a reminder that the mere act of using Facebook IS creepy. After a decade of being on social networks, we've normalized the weirdness of being able to pull up photos and information on all our acquaintances instantly. This is a stark reminder: We're all kind of creeps now.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Reaction score
Erm, I might be missing the point, but wouldn't you already be a "creep" for searching "creepy" things? This is a reminder only of the past, it wouldn't change the fact of how "creepy" you are.

The internet is not private... It might seem more private to search dirty stuff on your computer than looking at dirty magazines in public or whatever. However, it's actually the opposite. Activities you do on the internet(even ones that seem private), are actually easier for other people to access than activities you do while AFK, even if in public in many cases.

I can see how most people who aren't tech savvy naturally believe internet activity is private. "I'm doing it in my house, with my own computer, how can it not be private?" People need to realize that when you use the internet, you're sending input to external servers. Always assume your internet activities are all logged, at ISP and host level. There's simply no way for the average person to know for sure if a website or ISP logs activities. Assume they do, and you should be fine.

www.RaGEZONE.com
🅰🅳🅼🅸🅽🅸🆂🆃🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Erm, I might be missing the point, but wouldn't you already be a "creep" for searching "creepy" things? This is a reminder only of the past, it wouldn't change the fact of how "creepy" you are.

The internet is not private... It might seem more private to search dirty stuff on your computer than looking at dirty magazines in public or whatever. However, it's actually the opposite. Activities you do on the internet(even ones that seem private), are actually easier for other people to access than activities you do while AFK, even if in public in many cases.

I can see how most people who aren't tech savvy naturally believe internet activity is private. "I'm doing it in my house, with my own computer, how can it not be private?" People need to realize that when you use the internet, you're sending input to external servers. Always assume your internet activities are all logged, at ISP and host level. There's simply no way for the average person to know for sure if a website or ISP logs activities. Assume they do, and you should be fine.

I found the source on another forum and it was used in the terms of relationships. Example, a husband and wife each knows their partners passwords and check their history. One of them could easily find some information the other does not want to know about. If I recall correctly the number 1 cause of marriage at the moment is attributed to facebook. As for privacy, you are 100% correct.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Reaction score
I found the source on another forum and it was used in the terms of relationships. Example, a husband and wife each knows their partners passwords and check their history. One of them could easily find some information the other does not want to know about. If I recall correctly the number 1 cause of marriage at the moment is attributed to facebook. As for privacy, you are 100% correct.

Ye, that's true... Facebook probably should let you know that you can access search history etc. However, if Facebook fucks up a marriage, I doubt that marriage was going to last long anyways.

oh poop.
I did not know about this.
duck lol
Ive searched up like the page T.I.T.S and poop.
dammit

I don't think there's any shame in that... I think as long as you don't look up stuff that's "mainstream disgusting", or flirt with other girls on Facebook while you're in a relationship, you should be fine as far as embarrassment or risk.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
How do you even shut it off? I have found they've gotten rid of a good amount of the privacy settings.

Back