Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Thinking of Moving Out

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I'm about sick of home life so I'm thinking about moving out. I feel like my parents are overbearing like 99% of most kids, If I move out it will be against my parent's will lol so I'm likely not going to college after that. Regardless though, I feel like I can be happy going to a community college or not at all. I would be going to Baylor Uni. in Waco but even then, that's a lifestyle opposite of what I have now. It's a private Christian uni. and I'll likely be graduating with a degree that puts me in a field that I have to completely revamp my life.
I'm 18 and out of high school so technically nothing is stopping me. I just want some unbiased internet advise on what some of you guys would do. I know this looks like the most obvious decision in the world but I really just want to live life to the fullest, not worrying about getting the next promotion or raise. However, this is still a gamble. They still might pay for my college even if I move out, who knows?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you feel like your ready to move out, then do out. But on the other hand, living on your self is completly different. But you still got 3 years left before it's becoming a shame that you still live at your parents house, so it's your pick tbh. I think you should set yourself a deadline and live to your deadline and then decide, you still got enough time so why rush?

I just want some unbiased internet advise on what some of you guys would do.

I lol'd.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think you should talk to your parents, and propose the idea of moving out and so how they react. Maybe they didn't know they were so overbearing to the point where it making you feeling uncomfortable in your home? Then again maybe they're just very conservative when it comes to house rules, and would rather you move out if you can't oblige with those rules.

Either way, you shouldn't end the conversation on a bad note, just tell them what your looking for in the next few years of your life, what you want as a career where to go, and how you need to get their, with their support.

Basically, have a mature conversation with your parents is the best advice I can give, mate.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Think about your future...like, REALLY think about it, and whether you're going to regret your actions, of sacrificing education for a few years of fun. Or finishing your education first, and then living life to the fullest.

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would really really suggest that you stick around for a year or two. Like you said, you're out of high school and that means your next move is college. So move to a college where you would have to live in a dorm or a house away from your parents and then when you graduate, move and then start living life to the fullest. Because if you do it now, problems may arise that may not let you enjoy yourself. But once you know that you have college education to back you up, you can find work that pays well and then enjoy.

Thats what I think. Im taking this advice from what one of my brother's friends told him. And my brother right now is married, and a practicing accountant.

P.S. If you become an accountant, I will come to Texas and drive a stake through your heart. I hate accountants!

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
live with ur parents for the next 2 years and join the college as I Rule MU said

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you've got the money do it :/
Me personally im going to be starting ym second collage course now for 2 years and im stay with my parents for those 2 years so ill be 19 by the end of the course.

/Fate

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
use the the oppurtunity that ur parents can support u and dun lose it

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Stay at Home, Finish Your Grad and then Move Out and have all the fun in the world.
Trust me, For now, this whole concept of moving out seems awesome and etc, but then it catches up on you.

I did the same mistake and I had to literally give up my primary teenage life to set it right. :(

Reaction score
each to his own, you must follow your heart mate. That being said in this day and world if you do not have enough money to serve the lifestyle you want how then can you follow your heart?

write down exactly what it is you want then write down exactly how you plan to go about achieving this

why go to uni if you are going to be lead through a course you do not enjoy that will lead to a field of work that bores you and gives you no satisfaction?

many of my close friends own their own businesses and they dont hold any formal qualifications, no GCSEs A levels GNVQs etc It all depends on how you work towards what you know you want. Knowing what you want is sometimes more than half the battle

my advice is sit down sometime when you wont be disturbed and write down EXACTLY what it is you desire. What type of job, what job title, how many hours a week you want to work, what pay do you want?what car? what house? how many holidays a year? what will your time outside work entail? write down everything you can think of because only when you know what you want can you get it!

when this 1st step is done, go talk to your parents about it like others have already said, this is equally important as the 1st step. Even though your parents may be over bearing they are doing everything they feel is in your best interest, the problem lies when your interests do not match what they feel is best :p So talk about it! My relationship with my parents has never been better than when i started talking more with them after i moved out. communication is key.

Write down what yo want and how you want it
talk to your parents about this and why it is important to you
everybody say... yatta!

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, I have now been told I cannot leave the house for the rest of the summer lol which is a month from now exactly. What I'm coming to conclude now though is that my parents are under high stress for paying for college.
I told my mom that I could wait a year before going so we can be more financially ready but she told me that it would be better if I went now. It's to the point that my parents are making budget cuts (e.g. phones, daycare, etc). I'm trying to explain that the loans take a while to come through but they seem to completely ignore me and just assume I'm not even doing anything, when actually I've already talked with the school and my loan will cover all of my school costs plus some since I have scholarships. Now I'm thinking of waiting a year before going so I can be more financially ready.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
college is free in uk, and if your perants earn under 30k a year, then you get EMA, so i supose if i lived on my own, i would prob be getting an income of like 300 a weak, so get ema.

but i would be able to be at college, and live on my own lol, but if you think you are ready, and able to support yourself then do it! i would if i knew i would be able to live with the full independence.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I plan to take this free ride till i'm 21...
Then I'm moving out...cause my parents are pretty chill, they don't make me do anything really.
That's what it pretty much is, a free ride.
Once you're on your own, you got bills: internet, phone,, rent, hydro, gas, transportation, school, books, etc etc...

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't know... I've spent the first 18 years of my life sitting in my house and not doing anything. I don't want to sit around and do the same thing everyday. I focused my entire high school career and getting college credit and completing everything my school could offer to benefit me. Looking back it all seems like a waste. I would rather have been hanging out and blowing off school than getting good grades.
It just makes me wonder if college is actually all the hype people make it out to be. Every person I meet asks me if I'm excited about college... the answer has always been, hell no.
After revamping my worldly outlook I don't think working that hard is worth it unless I'm going to make some significant contribution to the world.
I thought it over a little and I think I'm going to take the first semester of college to see if it's worth it. Now I just want to enjoi the rest of my summer before I have to focus again and I can't do that with me being stuck at this house miles from where I want to be.
I've never been so frustrated in my life.

Reaction score
Thats a great idea. If you don't like the college life (which I high doubt), you can always quit and start working.

PS - Enjoy the free life while you can, man.

Back