Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

to solve worldsvr crashed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys,

I need your help to find a solution with my problem here, as you can see the log file (worldsvr_x1_xx)
[Tue Dec 29 2009 21:11:22.572315 2869107600]: [##ERROR##] iKindIdx = 36, pItemData->iSerialBgn : 500000, pItemData->iSerialEnd : 500000
ACE_ASSERT: file WorldMgr.cpp, line 498 assertion failed for '0'.Aborting...

I keep going get my world crashed after this log appear, and i did check all the files & database and there is no problem, the weird is because only 1 worldsvr is disconnected when it crash, other worldsvr (channel) still work well (online).

Please really need help solve this problem, thanks and sorry for my bad english :blush:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have you made any drop edits or otherwise changed any files like rates, mmaps, optionpool, ect? ACE_ASSERT is usually a result of a file saved in DOS format instead of UNIX. If you made any changes revert them and make sure the files are saved in unix format.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have you made any drop edits or otherwise changed any files like rates, mmaps, optionpool, ect? ACE_ASSERT is usually a result of a file saved in DOS format instead of UNIX. If you made any changes revert them and make sure the files are saved in unix format.

I just use tdp2.8 (reinstall), but still the same error i got

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Darkcyde is right, something is not in unix format and the server cannot read the data from whichever file it is. Others have not had this problem.

You should be able to run the cabal_dos2unix command if you use v2.81 as i added one to quickly reset the format of almost all the cabal files.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Darkcyde is right, something is not in unix format and the server cannot read the data from whichever file it is. Others have not had this problem.

You should be able to run the cabal_dos2unix command if you use v2.81 as i added one to quickly reset the format of almost all the cabal files.

yes i did make cabal_dos2unix command , but still my channel 1 get crashed

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
post again the logs please....now it might be another problem

All channel running good except channel 1 and here is the log file
[Sat Jan 2 2010 09:11:14.258737 2911062928]: [##ERROR##] iKindIdx = 36, pItemData->iSerialBgn : 500000, pItemData->iSerialEnd : 500000

I did use #cabal_dos2unix command as you said (then restart), but still error after running 5 mins..:(:

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
All channel running good except channel 1 and here is the log file

I did use #cabal_dos2unix command as you said (then restart), but still error after running 5 mins..:(:

Once again, you have either edited something wrong or a file is in Dos format.

[Sat Jan 2 2010 09:11:14.258737 2911062928]: [##ERROR##] iKindIdx = 36, pItemData->iSerialBgn : 500000, pItemData->iSerialEnd : 500000

That leads me to believe something you have edited is wrong, if everything is in Unix format and you still get this error than the server is confused about one of your edits. I have seen this kind of error after making a drop edit and messing up one of the data strings like a wrong item idx or a drop rate that doesnt fit.

Try to copy and install the 2.81 repack, run cabal_config again and see if that works. You'll prolly loose any edits you made but at least your channels will start.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have same problem... and it's weird

I'm using 2.81 repack and using cabal_dos2unix command but my channels 1 and 2 are crashing... the worst is only h 1 and 2 crashes the other channels (3 to 7 and TG) are working fine... really weird

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm using 2.81 repack and using cabal_dos2unix command but my channels 1 and 2 are crashing... the worst is only h 1 and 2 crashes the other channels (3 to 7 and TG) are working fine... really weird

Until now, i didn't have any clue to fix the channel 1 problem, the only way i can do was disabling channel 1 permanently....

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep... I did the same thing... :(

Chanels 1 and 2 are currently disable in my server... tje wprdt is I have exactly the same configuration in some of my others chanels e they don't crash (I mean same common.ini and other things related)

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score

You need to check your logs. Something in the config that these channels are using is causing the crash and the logs should give a clue.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need to check your logs. Something in the config that these channels are using is causing the crash and the logs should give a clue.

My logs are the same as posted by Mickiey

Code:
[Tue Dec 29 2009 21:11:22.572315 2869107600]: [##ERROR##] iKindIdx = 36, pItemData->iSerialBgn : 500000, pItemData->iSerialEnd : 500000 

and worst... my chanel 7 is entire copied from my chanel 1... I changed only port and chanel ID... and my chanel 1 still crashes and my chanel 7 don't... any idea ? :?: ?

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is definitely something in your data the server doesn't like. The only clue it gives is the itemkind 36 which makes me think it is an item. This is why manually creating channels isn't a great idea an finding the cause of thing like this is almost impossible without being able to go through all of the data. I'll have a dig around when i get home but i'm not sure what to suggest here.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hi!

The "ACE_ASSERT" issue has started to happen to me, too, when I went to modify the server multiplies (skill, drops, etc).
So, I argued that:

Code:
[MaxValue]	Max
0	10080

just right before

Code:
[Multiple]	All_M	PC_M	Free_P	Etc..

was causing me that troubles. Rraising that value to 1000000 (as I want to use values below that limit) apparently solved (till now) the issue.

Hope this helps others.

Upvote 0
Back