Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Trickster Online] Looking for testers, translators, and "tech support".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Screenshot_11 - [Trickster Online] Looking for testers, translators, and "tech support". - RaGEZONE Forums
My name is Timer. You've likely seen me around the Trickster Online section helping people out the best I can. But now, I need help of my own.

My server, Trickster Online Rebooted, has hit a bit of a rough patch. Despite the updates and newly-opened proper website, I'm lacking two very important things: testers and translators. These two positions are in dire need of filling, due to my server being in a "closed alpha" state--open only to testers.

"What's so special about Trickster Online Rebooted?"

That I can answer. My server (which runs Season 2) aims to make Trickster Online as "play-to-win" as possible. This will include making Myshop (cash shop) items obtainable outside of it (but not eliminating it altogether) as well as modifications to keep the game enjoyable while also remaining balanced. Current modifications include making certain cash items obtainable via level up rewards as well an imported NPC with a custom table, but I want to go beyond that. That is where you might come in.

"Alright, so, what are these positions exactly?"

I can also answer this. Testers (known as Alpha Testers in server terms) help keep me informed of any bugs so I can squish them out, and get early access, cash shop items upon request (with a few exceptions), and much higher experience rates in exchange. Translators help cover the areas of the game that have yet to be translated into English, such as items that may not have an English equivalent.

"Hang on, what's this 'tech support'?"

Tech support positions help deal with the more technical aspects of the game, and can also lend their help to portions of the game outside of the server itself, such as the website. They will likely prove essential in the (eventual) creation of custom assets.
Of particular note is the Myshop (cash shop) portion of the game--that's left me puzzled for a very long time. Knowledge of the NORI (.nri) format is a nice bonus too.

"How can I help?"

Allow me to be more specific about what I require:

For all positions:
  • Be a team player. No quarrels will be allowed on my watch.
  • Please be able to speak some English. However, you do not have to speak it perfectly. Many people I've helped do not speak perfect English. I understand.
  • When you send in your application, please tell me your time zone. If you don't know it, please tell me what country you are from instead. This is to ensure more prompt responses and, if enough people apply, perhaps work out group meetings.

For testers:
  • You would need a keen eye for knowing what works right and what doesn't. For example, is a quest supposed to give a certain item, but it doesn't? Does clicking on something give the dreaded Exceptional Error? The key here is "rinse and repeat"--something that works with one character may not work with another.
    > Use a wiki for help, if you need it.
  • You would need to "scrub the game clean". This means going through each and every quest, every obtainable item, every dialogue box in the game. Yes, it sounds daunting, but remember that there will be more than one of you--well, there will be me, at least. I'm more than willing to help you here!
  • If you decide to stick around in time for open beta (whenever that may be), you'll also be asked to test any new additions to the server, such as items that were not originally on the server.
  • Joining the forums (mentioned below) is recommended for this position, due to there being a section exclusively for testers to keep up with things and send in bug reports, but not a requirement by any means. (If you don't want to join the forum, just message me in any of the three ways listed below!)
  • Three slots remain, though more slots could be added depending on demand.

For translators:
  • Knowledge of Traditional Chinese is a must, as that is the language the files originally came in.
  • You will mainly be working directly with the game's text, which requires translation by hand. I've made a tutorial that goes over this.
  • Three slots are open for this position.

For "tech support":
  • NORI knowledge is a huge plus, yes, but you do not have to know anything about the NORI format to apply for this position. For example, you can have knowledge about, say, writing code in .NET or Java, or making better webpages using PHP. You could still be approved for a position in this field, NORI knowledge or not. It's just a little bonus.
  • Please show me examples of what you know, if possible. Some simple demonstrations would be great.
  • Two slots are open for this position, but as with testers, I am willing to add more.

"Okay, so, how can I apply?"

The original plan involved signing up for my forum as a requirement, and then some. However, in light of the rules regarding this here on RageZONE, I have decided to lift this restriction and make joining the forum an option rather than a must. Instead, you can contact me one (or both) of two ways:
  • emailing me at gm@trickster-rebooted.com (personally recommended, this address is used exclusively for server-related business)
  • sending me a Discord PM at Timer#0514

Your message (or series of messages, if you're using Discord) must include the following:
> the position you're signing up for
> why you think you should be chosen for this position
> your knowledge that you think would assist with this position (for tech support applicants, this is where you would show me your work)
> your preferred contact hours (if applicable)

I'll look over your position and let you know if you're chosen or not. Please don't feel bad if your application is rejected--you put forth an honest effort.
> As an aside, approved testers will be sent a list of known bugs, as well as the client, any additional patches to be applied (I know there's at least one as of this writing), and the registration link.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me here or email me at the address listed above. Both inboxes are open!

Thank you for reading! I look forward to speaking with you.

--Timer (known as "GM Light" on the server)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Trickster Online] Looking for testers, translators, and "tech support".

Bumped! Two testers and a tech support staff member have been found, and I've clarified the translator position.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Trickster Online] Looking for testers, translators, and "tech support".

Bumping this again, still looking for people (translators especially).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back