Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut - A] [508] How To Setup A 508+ Server

Reaction score
Recently, users have been uncapable of setting up thier own RuneScape private server, especially 508 and above. Spite the people who have no knowledge, I've decided to make a Full tutorial/guide on how to make a RuneScape private server (Revisions 508 and above). Follow these simply steps, and you'll be on your way to making a server which lots will love. Let's start

Getting Started
Firstly we must download the needed software.

- 508 Server [ ] If you have another base, you can use that
- JDK [ ] This is needed so you can run the server + edit the server

After you've downloaded JDK, install it.

To unzip the 508 server, you might need to download WinRAR: . After that is done, install winrar and extract the 508 Server.zip/rar onto your desired location (Usually desktop).

Bring it up!
Let's start by going into your server folder, inside you'll see 3 folders: bin, scr, cmd. Go into cmd, and find the batch file called run (run.bat).

If you encounter a error saying java not recognised, or files not found, right click on run.bat and click edit.

Find the line that looks similar to this one:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"

Then go to: Start button > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) > Program Files > Java

You'll most likely see 2 folders (jdk1.6.0_11 and jre6) change it to what the directory is of 'jre6' (copy and paste from the adress bar) And it should work.

Making yourself a Admin
To make yourself an administrator go to the source files of your server, and go into the directory '/io/', open up Login.java

Search for the following:
Code:
p.rights = 2;

Something along these lines should appear:
Code:
            if (p.username.equals("Aj")) 
            {
                p.rights = 2;
            }
Change it to your name.

After that is done, go to your server files' cmd folder and click the batch file that is named rs2.io.batch. This will compile your code so it can be used ingame.

If you have your server up, restart it online and login with your name, if not turn it on and login it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [GUIDE - 508] How To Setup A 508+ Server

but you need to do portforward?

Reaction score

You can't

Unless you want to open it with notepad and just see random letters

.class files are suppose to be there so that the computer can read it, thats why it's 'compiled', computers can't read the .java files. .java is only there so users can code, and understand the code etc

Reaction score

Making yourself a Admin
To make yourself an administrator go to the source files of your server, and go into the directory '/io/', open up Login.java

Search for the following:
Code:
p.rights = 2;

Something along these lines should appear:
Code:
            if (p.username.equals("Aj")) 
            {
                p.rights = 2;
            }
Change it to your name.

After that is done, go to your server files' cmd folder and click the batch file that is named rs2.io.batch. This will compile your code so it can be used ingame.

If you have your server up, restart it online and login with your name, if not turn it on and login it.

Like so.
:8:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thank you so mutch! REALY helped :)

Rip Akaruz
Loyal Member
Reaction score

very helpful i didnt know what each bat file did!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

How i download That jdk? IM new here o_o

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

How i download That jdk? IM new here o_o
That's is the most rediculous question I have heard in ages.
Would help if you READ the post and look where it has a LINK to download JDK.

I feel sorry for teh bold button atm.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

hey.. u can open class files... with dj decompiler.. and i think JAD is the same thing.. but the .java or notepad version of it is the same thing, just scripts.. and u edit those.. and compile

Ridin' Solo
Reaction score

is Windows XP the same as Windows x64?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

ok... well i was already on 508 when i saw this tut, but ppl cant connect to my ip when my client asks for it :\ can u help me with that?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks for posting this AJ beat me to it, i was going to post one but forgot to :p

Ridin' Solo
Reaction score

when i go to the link from Update 11 , i just pick 1 randomly ( wich 1 do i got to pick?)
but than if i click one , it says Platform : than i can pick from : Linux , Linux x64 , Solaris SPARC , Solaris x64 , Solaris x84 , Windows , Windows x64
the problem is , i dont got any of these ( windows XP ) so wich 1 do i got to choose?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

when i go to the link from Update 11 , i just pick 1 randomly ( wich 1 do i got to pick?)
but than if i click one , it says Platform : than i can pick from : Linux , Linux x64 , Solaris SPARC , Solaris x64 , Solaris x84 , Windows , Windows x64
the problem is , i dont got any of these ( windows XP ) so wich 1 do i got to choose?

Right pick your system as you said it's windows Xp so pick windows. As windows is aka for windows vista or xp or windows 95 ect....

also they are not all windows, linux is a different system for the computer, just like mac system solfwere

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks this helped a lot. This is my first time making a runescape private server, and this guide made it sound easy.

Back