Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Get Official Chapter I launcher to work with your server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I´ve been reading this forum for some weeks and it has proved very useful to me, so I decided to contribute with some releases and tutorials about WarRock private servers.

In this topic, you´ll learn how to get Chapter I launcher to work with your server, even if you are using Tweek Release (Chapter III). It´s fast and beautiful and images can be replaced using resource Hacker :w00t:

You will need:

1. Original WRLauncher and WRUpdater. You can download them here:

2. A hex Editor. I personally use HxD

3. An HTTP server like Apache. If you are running your server via xammp, you can start an apache server there.

4. Lots of patience. This is quite a tricky process and you can get lost easily.

First of all, remember that the original WarRock.exe in Enginewar DOES work, and I recommend using it and just hexing the IP so that it match yours. By that way, noob players will have it a little more difficult to launch the game without the launcher, as it passes 1 argument to let warrock.exe work. However, it´s still easy to start it without a launcher, but not as simple as a double click.

I don´t think using the IP changer to generate your warrock.exe will make a difference, apart from the fact that people won´t really need the launcher to enter the game. It´s up to you.

Let´s start with the tutorial:

[SERVER PART]

You just need TWO files. One file is version.txt, which tells the launcher the current version number.

Code:
<!--[PATCH INFOMATION]
    Format    =    0
    Launcher    =    0
    Updater    =    0
    Client    =    0
    Sub    =    0
    Option    =    0
[/PATCH INFOMATION]
//-->

In this tutorial, we are making changes to the Client param, but I´m sure others would work. I don´t know what Format or Sub does, I´ll investigate about them If I have some spare time.

BY default, Client param. is 0, but we will change it to 1. Save it as "version.txt"

In your server.ini, change Client to 1 too so that LoginServer.exe knows about the update. I´m not sure it matters, but It won´t harm.

Now, the patch: Patches are zip files with the following syntax: PF_X_Y.zip. X and Y depends on your version. In this example, as in version.txt CLIENT = 1, our zip would be like this: PF_0_0.zip

I think changing other params would lead to other patch syntax, but again, we are working with client param.

Once you finish, save them in a location you remember. We will need them later.

[Client]

Now starts the tricky part: you have two files, WRLauncher and WRUpdater, and both needs an IP to find version.txt.

Open your hex editor and drag WRLauncher into it. Search for: patch.warrock.net

You´ll find something like this:
Code:
version.txt.http://patch.warrock.net/k2network/warrock/.=...//-->...

Our example IP is 176.158.40.1, but it can be anything. We have to take advantage of the path k2network... being so long, so we have a lot of space to add your ip.

Change it to something like this:

Code:
http://176.158.40.1k.net/k2network/warrock/

This is not right, that "k.net" must be deleted. Instead of a complicated byte replacement, we will take advantage of the path. Replace "k.net" with something like this:

Code:
http://176.158.40.1/updt/k2network/warrock/

updt/k2network/warrock/ is our update path. Remember it.

Now, search for: login.warrock.net.

Add your ip like before:
Code:
176.158.40.1k.net

In this case, "k.net" can be replaced with just "......". Add dots until k.net is fully replaced.

Save your WRLauncher. Repeat the process with WRUpdater.

EVERYTHING IS READY: go to your root directory of the http server, and create the path you specified in the exe. In this case, our path is /updt/k2network/warrock/. Make sure to give the directories the correct permissions. Put your version.txt and your patch file there.

¡You are done!.

Some screenshots to prove it can be done:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Tutorial] Get stock Chapter I launcher to work with your server

nice tutorial, but is possible to use a character and texure map texure map of chapter 1 on chapter 3? lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

nice tutorial, but is possible to use a character and texure map texure map of chapter 1 on chapter 3? lol

Actually yes. That´s what I did for my CP1 alike Pserver. Let´s be clear: you won´t get everything ported as the engine changed between CP1 and CP3. Light is handled differently for example. You won´t get CP1 weapon models (or at least, I don´t know how to port them). For map textures, you have to be careful but yeah, I´ve CP1 alike Marien for example.

Anyway, let´s stick to the topic.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

DarkRaptor, I saw you on another site and you got NullPointer's (or someone else') Chapter 1 files working.. Could you maybe to a tut on how to do it? :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

No, it´s not worth the effort since the files are old and useless.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Done. Thanks! Works great!

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

You just need to make sure that all values that are by the server are the same as the values of the launcher.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

You just need to make sure that all values that are by the server are the same as the values of the launcher.
That´s true, but I also wanted to explain how to create an update that could be sent to the client via Updater.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

where?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

What do you mean with that Sax?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

He mean , that he wants to know how to make an Update i think..

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

He mean , that he wants to know how to make an Update i think..

Just increase Client by one on the server and the updater will download the latest patch from the provided url.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

can someone reupload the file please?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I´ll reupload it this weekend for you. Sorry, I might have deleted it by accident from my mega folder.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Can someone reupload?

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

Can someone reupload?

You can find the files inside the warrock folder of any client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Doh, I´m sorry the download link isn´t working. I must have deleted the launcher again from my mega account. Anyway, you can download 2008CP1 WR client at CodeDragon´s release. It contains the same launcher I used for this tutorial.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

I know this is an old post but you don't need to replace the url with garbage. You can just start the url or something like that and fill the rest with 00 bytes so it knows where the string stops.

Back