Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUTORIAL] Hexedit Shopping Mall to replace Items Equipment and Eggs

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hexedit Shop.dat to replace Items

Here ill show you how to hexedit the shopping mall to replace items, not adding new ones, cause i don't get success in it yet.

First we need a good hexeditor, i use winhex:

copy your shop.dat from your client to your desktop (and make a backup of it in case you screw it up)

Launch winhex.exe and open the shop.dat file, this is the main screen of it:

cyberghoser1 - [TUTORIAL] Hexedit Shopping Mall to replace Items Equipment and Eggs - RaGEZONE Forums

Ok now go to menu Search -> Text and put in the box the word VIP

it will bring you there:

cyberghoser1 - [TUTORIAL] Hexedit Shopping Mall to replace Items Equipment and Eggs - RaGEZONE Forums

As you can see i maded i litle legend for you to find the first things and understand the hex code of the shopping mall, now we go deeper in this.

Look the first item that i made a green circle its value in hex is D2 1F 0B 00

To understand what item it is we just do this, go to tools menu and choose Hex Converter (F8)

in the left box enter the hex code of the first item, but here its an important step for all your editings, the code must be inversed! What i mean ?

As we saw above the first item hex code is D2 1F 0B 00 ok ? if we inverse it, it gives 00 0B 1F D2, simple no ? think like a mirror trick, very easy. ok now we put in the left box of the Hex converter the code that we inversed so type in it

00 0B 1F D2 and hit the Enter button, in the right box it will give you 729042

Search for this item in database or all the txt files out there with all the items, you will find this: Redstone Pack

If you login in game you will see that in fact its your first item !

Screen for all that above:

Easy no ? Ok lets continue

All the things below the VIP mark are items - eggs - equipments that are in shopping mall, in fact if you look closer you will see that each item got always another hex value next to it. lets see this...

The first item D2 1F 0B 00 has next to it another value that is 69 74 65 6D wich means that it tells to client that this is an item, for eggs you will see next to an egg item the word egg wich value is 65 67 67 00

Ok so now we want to change an item !

Lets change the first one (The RedstonePack)

As we saw above its value is in shopping mall D2 1F 0B 00 so we locate it in the hexeditor

Lets say we want to replace the RedstonePack with the Super Amber gem

we search first the decimal value(ID) of the Super Amber Gem item, ok we search and find it: 1038170

Now we need to convert it into hex value so we open again in hexeditor the hex converter by going in Tools menu -> Hex Converter or use F8.

In the right box this time we enter the value of the Super Amber gem, enter 1038170 and hit Enter:

Ok now we got the hex value of the Super Amber gem its FD75A

You may ask what happend why less numbers and letters ?

Simple, the converter don't show the zero's so we add them.

Now we need the inverse that code before we replace the item in shopping mall.

FD75A will become 5A D7 0F 00

As you can see the zeros are to be added only on the first left, never on the right so A will not be A0 but F will be 0F.

Here is now the final part of the replacing item method:

We simply change D2 1F 0B 00 to 5A D7 0F 00 and done !

Save your shop.dat (don't forget to put it in client ini folder)

See here the result of the hex:

To make this item buyable now we need to add it into the database also!

Go to your database through Navicat or whatever you use and open cq_goods table.

I think the picture shows all, in the id we add a custom id, in the ownerid we add 1207 for Shopping Mall and in itemtype the ID of the item.

Voila, restart your server and login and open Shopping Mall you can buy Super Amber now from this shop.

To replace more items just scroll on hexeditor and see where it says item, next to it is the hexcode of the item we wanna change, do always the same for all items, for eggs you have to replace by eggs, for equipment same, i tried to replace an egg with an item it didn't worked so always replace all the stuff by the same stuff and it will be ok.

I hope you understand my guide and get success with your own Shopping Mall
Cheers, Cyberghoser1

Note: The items could be different in your shop.dat so ill upload mine so you can train yourself with it.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Hexedit Shopping Mall to replace Items Equipment and Eggs

very good guide the only other on was pjfs on EPVP but that had all its pictures deleted so only gave a little idea on how to do it

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

nice guide, whats the id for the new euds? the new mount ones.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

on what database? cause i'm using a manequin one and its different from the latest i shared

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

newest, the DB from that one dudes thread here (and the patches to make it almost full translated)

Back