Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] How To make ur RF server online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok i hope this works :

First u need MSQL... i have no link yet but ill give ya soon.

install it and start the Enterprise Manager like this:

ok now create the following database names:(make sure u write it correctly)
exgame
rf_account
rf_world
rf_web

it should be like this if u rightclick:

then click on "New database" and fill in the names for the databases (exgame,rf_account,rf_world,rf_web)

if u have pput in the names it should like this here:

Now that the database's are there you need to restore the data back into them.Right click on your exgame database then goto All Tasks and then Restore database...

after u have done this it will open a window, he wants to know how u like to restore ur database, pls click "From device":

after u selected "from device" it will automatically to a new window, there u must click "Select Devices" and after this in the next window pls click "add":

now it wants to hear from ur where ur .DAT file is. Go to the folder where u extracted ur serverfiles and select "exgame.dat".

ok u have modified ur exgame.dat database, now just click OK to all windows
do the same now for the other 3 databases

Go to SQL Server Enterprise Manager, then go to Security>Logins

You must create new login, click right button and select New Login

then this should appear:

Select SQL Server Authentification.. and create login and pass.

name: rf
password: 12345

Go to the last tab and select all rf bases and give right to them.

Making ODBC's
Locate the file "ODBC.REG in your RF Server folder and right click and then click edit you will see quite alot of text just leave it now copy the ODBC.REG i posted in the other topic and paste it into that close make sure you save then run it and say yes this will be your DSN's set up for you with no problems

Editing INI Files
Go to:
RFServer\RF_Bin\Initialize

You see some files, open AccountSystem.ini, LoginSystem.ini, WorldSystem.ini with text editor. Edit local ip (127.0.0.1) to your ip.

Run the server!
Run this file under RF_Bin
Start_RF_Server.exe

…or run 1 by 1 these files (same thing)

LoginServer.exe
AccountServer.exe
ControlServer.exe
ZoneServer.exe

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GRATZ TO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u can download the serverfiles including this guide there!!!!!!!

AGAIN MAN THX HELL!!!!! (i hope this guide works, tell me pls)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The server is running only in local mode, all connection from exterior is stopped after the world is selected.
I have tested all possibilities, the connection of client from exterior is possible only for créating account after the the world is appear and after clicking the world, the client is shut down, with no message...

Sry for my english :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm are u behind a router or sth?if yes of course u need a proxy and forward your ports(should ever been done).but U can play is that right?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have tested all possibilities,

Yes i have a router, and my PC is in DMZ, and i have open the 2 port and i have created a loopback adaptater, i have really tested all possibility...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
setup:-
First completely decompressed the document comes out.

Opens ODBC. REG, alters to the inside information you own. I did not say that detailed, own has a look to be supposed to be able to understand, is the database connection information!

Decompresses the rfdata.rar table of contents, comes out the inside 4 databases decompression, and the return to original state, the corresponding database name is: rf_account, rf_world, rfweb, exgame.

Opens RF_Bin under the table of contents the Initialize table of contents

Has 3 dispositions documents: AccountSystem.ini, LoginSystem.ini, WorldSystem.ini

Alters to you own information the inside establishment!

After changed may start the service end procedure! Altogether is 4 procedures!

perhaps this might help, check these files,ummmm what client u use for this game???perhaps u have the old one which of course wouldnt work......

anyway its kinda very difficult to make a server online behind a router in which other can connect to u,if u have a "Siemens Gigaset" or sth like that u can nearly forget it cause its real hard with this router....(and im using it, this damn thing xD)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All my friends who want connect to my server, can create account, juste the client shup down after selected the world (server).

If my friends can create any account and can select the world, then the connection is ready ??

sry for my english :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm gonna sticky this for now, sorry for the giant abcensce lately, lots of stuff is going on right now. :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
then u have to configure the map data perhaps, i think so cause if they can create an account they can connect to u, but the worldserver seems to disconnect them automatically after they want to go in.....just search some arround the server file i look some too in there...perhaps i find out sth, if not just search around this forum
im sure u get an answer if u look correct:icon6: :icon6: :icon6:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Im using navicat, is there a way to have the file in SQL?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have a linksys router can pp still connect to my server where would i put my local ip

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
RisingHoly said:
Making ODBC's
Locate the file "ODBC.REG in your RF Server folder and right click and then click edit you will see quite alot of text just leave it now copy the ODBC.REG i posted in the other topic and paste it into that close make sure you save then run it and say yes this will be your DSN's set up for you with no problems

What other topic is this "ODBC.REG" file in?

B

bassicpunk2

ok, I understand what to do, but for some reason I get errors. When I try to restore rf_account and rf_world, I get the error "device activation error. The physical file name "d:\db\RF_User_Data.MDF" may be incorrect." The file cannot be restored." I get a different file name for rf_world, but the result is the same..any advice guys?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know this problem too...... cause i installed the server on my computer and it worked fine.....

and then i installed it on my fathers computer the same way but for some reason it didnt work.....

i just can say the normal things :
-control all database names,a wrong letter can damage all
-reinstall mssql, perhaps the installation didnt worked or u got a wrong version or ur download was damaged

im sry but i think i ask some friends perhaps they can help

sry again

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
bassicpunk2 said:
ok, I understand what to do, but for some reason I get errors. When I try to restore rf_account and rf_world, I get the error "device activation error. The physical file name "d:\db\RF_User_Data.MDF" may be incorrect." The file cannot be restored." I get a different file name for rf_world, but the result is the same..any advice guys?

look at options before restore the database. you can change the path!

Nasty By Nature.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can you attach the ODBC file for this? can't find it anywhere thanks.

-Mattio

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
:'( Im tryed out the server with my friend but the satelite (the menu) would not appear for him, and when he want to create a character its just exit from the client... is it server or client side problem

Where the satelite supposed to be, there is only a black background appears :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back