Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] I25 Multiple Server Setup

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a very basic guide on how to cluster the servers together. Some of the actions I take in the guide are not required but will produce a better server environment.

This guide also assumes you've completed a normal i25 server setup already, up and running.

First I separated MS SQL Server onto its own machine. I did this for stability reasons and organization.Next update all of your CFG files to point at the Central SQL Server.

While updating CFG files also update the IP addresses inside. Any 127.0.0.1 entries need to be changed to the machines IP; Then update your database to ensure it isn't using 127.0.0.1.

UPDATE cohauth.dbo.server SET inner_ip = 'MACHINELANIP' WHERE ID = 1;

Now copy your C:\CoH from the primary server(CoH-SERVER) to your secondary server(CoH-MAPSrv01).

Update your CFG files so they have the correct LAN ip address.On CoH-SERVER change how you are launching launcher.exe. It will now need to start with a different paramenter.

START C:\coh\bin\dbserver.exe -startall -zonelaunchers 2

At this point everything should be ready to start up!

1. Fire up Launcher.exe on CoH-MAPSrvr01
2. Start AuthServer.exe, Launcher.exe, StatServer.exe, AuctionServer.exe, and MissionServer.exe on CoH-SERVER.

The launcher should start starting maps on both servers. Give it a few minutes as there is a lot to start up.

Tutorial Credits:
Goes to: Ouroboros wiki editors.

Back