Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] OPL - Change City's, area's, and more

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there..
I am getting a bit bored too, but besides that, i want to learn better how to work with the OPL editors that excist (Free ones, not KWE).. Hereby i will also share the current OPL editor i'm using, and base it on that..

Needs:
- << OPL Editor (Probably doesn't contain a virus, idk.. check it from my part, i have my antivir off bcs i cant run anything else with it.)
- Object files of your kal client
- /coordinates command enabled ingame

Okay.. here we go:
Step 1: Start up your OPL editor given above, on top, click on File -> Open...
Go to your MAPS folder inside your kalonline client, open the specific file wanted.
((If you don't know the mapname, use: /set frame ingame, on top you will be able to see the map on the lowest row: "SERVER 123456 123456 12345, MAP XX XX, CLIENT 1234.56 -12345.67 1234.00"))
(For example: [Temp: n_32_29.opl] [Narootuh: n_31_31.opl] [Cargo: n_32_30.opl] )

Step 2: You can see a few yellow buttons now, these buttons are objects.. You can change them.. (Direction, Size, ObjectID) You can also just move them, they'll move aswell ingame once you saved but that's some other case as now.
Now, you would like to create a new object ingame..
Item -> New Object... it will open a small screen with 1 row to enter the source of your Object. You can retrieve these by going to: Kalonline\data\Objects\ .. Know no object ID just simply? --> Test and experimentate, just like me.. test every item, note down every you like or make a picture.

Step 3: Place your object, move it to the point you want it to be (This is easy in the towns since you know where = where), then retrieve the height (Go ingame, type: /coordinates , on the bottom chatbox the status thing, will appear something like this: [123456, 123456, 12345] << the third number is the height. Use this BUT: split it by /10 ,, it sorta accepts 4 numbers but takes every number as 10x..
Now, just choose the orientation of the object (This is the hardest part, this doesn't work like you want it to be. Just try a few things around, some friend told me there were some quarternations, who knows what that would be, you can always reply ;) ,, anyway. I know that a 45 degree rotation worked by taking the following:
X: 0 - Y: 0,45 - Z: 0 - W: 0,45
You can always test other numbers, but this one works for sure ;) .. It might be once you test a few numbers, that your object might be either rotated, flipper, downunder, larger, or whatever you can imagine, talking about larger.. go to next^^
NOTICE: 0 0 0 0 works too, but than it'll point south to it's original location as it's set up as the '.gb' file.

Step 4: If you want to size your object, go to the lowest 3 white bars to be filled, it starts with 0, but usually is 1 (Original 1x size), some objects are pretty big, so it's a suggestion of making it 0,5 after on. Do mind that, if you forget 1 of them, and it's 0, that it will be invisible (X Y Z = 3D, there's no 2D here, it won't appear than.)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to always SAVE your single new made object in the program, it doesn't keep the informations given, it will be as it was before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are also able to delete objects, very usefull for if you want to remove trash/trees..

Step 5: Save the OPL File by tikking Ctrl+S, or go to File -> Save..
It will automaticly save, you don't have to select where to save the file or w/e, it overwrites that file you edit (Probably, make a BACKUP ;) )
To see the change, quit your client, and start it back up and login.. You'll see the changes of your refitted area now.. If it wasn't really succesfull, retry it ;)

I hope this was any usefull for you, i'm sorry that i can't make a object list, but this is various at every client anyway, but here are a few cool things:
DATA\OBJECTS\b\6\structure\haetae02 = Statue (Quadratic)
DATA\OBJECTS\b\6\structure\haetae01 = Panther Statue
DATA\OBJECTS\b\8\structure\8-skull01 = Stack of Burning Skulls
DATA\OBJECTS\b\8\structure\8-firewood01 = Campfire
MAP\lib\[ae]dr_fire = Torch
DATA\OBJECTS\b\1\structure\ship_003_01 = Ship (2 sails, both on 1 side)
DATA\OBJECTS\b\1\structure\ship_004_01 = Ship (2 sails, each on each side)
DATA\OBJECTS\b\1\structure\ship_003_02 = Ship (No sails)

I hope you guys could also show a few results of yours thanks to this tutorial by posting images ;)

(( Newest made tutorial,, long enough there's been a new one anyway ))

Yours,

Douglass.
(( Kalonline: ))
(( WoW: ))

Contact me by my mail if the file has to be reuploaded ;)
douglassfreriks@live.nl

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
man when i open opl file
apper this window and then program close
NLDoggy - [Tutorial] OPL - Change City's, area's, and more - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
add these 3 files to your folder and it should be fixed:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
finally some one answer it's work fine thanks mate :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can u reupload the opl editor nldoggy, link says file is no longer there. nice tut i wanna try it out ^^ thanks.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
how can i change color from the stuff? there

aka Reb3lzrr
Reaction score
how can i change color from the stuff? there

OPL = Object Positioning List

That means that OPL only holds info regarding the location and positioning of a model. Textures are stored as *.GTX files, while the models are stored as *.GB files.

Basicaly an OPL files contains only this info of multiple objects:
- The model URL
- Position
- Rotation
- Scale

gz reb3lzrr

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a very good tutorial thank you^_^

When I complete could not be saved OPL

Why?

Your answer is my honor