Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] People connecting to your server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live Now, Work Later
Reaction score
I saw that there wasn't a guide for this and that people were posting threads on the forums about so i thought i would post it here.

If your asking "How do people connect to my server?" this is the thread for you.

What you will need:
1.A pk editor
2.A Browser (access to router if you have one)
3.A config.pk (which you know the password too)

Firstly check if ports 30001,40001,50001 are open. You can do this by going to

If you find your ports are off, you must open them up on your router or on your computer through your firewall.

Once you have done that you will need to edit your config.pk.

if you don't know where your config.pk is go to C:/Program files/*your kalonline private server client*/data/config/config.pk.

You will need to know the config.pk and the e.pk password for your repack, eg solidus.

Once you have done that, you will need a pk editor eg DeathArts Sharpcrypt . Open the pk editor up and click on "File" and then "Open", and then search for your config.pk file. once you have done that it might ask for your pk password, enter that and you should see all the .dats on the side. You want to open up "xlate-e.dat".

Change the IP Address There To Your IP Address .

After you have done that you can also change the name of the server to whatever you want to the server to be called when your friends/people you want to play on your server, want to play on.

Once you have that make sure you save.

And lastly, if you have a server.ini file in your KalOnline client (it will look like a bit notepad file), open that up in notepad and change the ip address in that as well to your ip address.

If i have made any mistakes, or if you need futher assistance, or if this has not worked for you please post it here.

--------------

Edit:

Always make a backup of the config.pk incase you screw things up.

Bakabugs Updater 2 And The Localhost Server.ini File download here:

Updated 26th August 2008

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [Guide]People connecting to your server

if i edit config.pk i get NULL error on starting game.
Why ?:S

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

you need to encrypt it before starting game

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I get the name working,but not connecting.I installed client on other computer,
and it give error "Serve is on maintenance".On my computer too.

Live Now, Work Later
Reaction score

try this
Server is under maintnance

That means that you're server isn't running or is pointing to another ip that you're launcher isn't set to. Which also means you need to edit you're config.pk.

Live Now, Work Later
Reaction score

ok i am just editing my original post to include the updater2 (made by bakebug) and adding a server.ini with a localhost ip.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ammmm i cant like open port 30001 and 40001 only 50001 will open???

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what files do i have to put in a folder for lets say soemone else to play coz i put n my files and error messages come up saying problem with anti hack shield ad one saying problem with engine.exe
????

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys i get error messege when i try to select server it says server is on maintence i edited config.pk writed local ip in there in servers.ini 2 so what's wrong? ~thx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I saw that there wasn't a guide for this and that people were posting threads on the forums about so i thought i would post it here.

If your asking "How do people connect to my server?" this is the thread for you.

What you will need:
1.A pk editor
2.A Browser (access to router if you have one)
3.A config.pk (which you know the password too)

If you find your ports are off, you must open them up on your router or on your computer through your firewall.

Once you have done that you will need to edit your config.pk.

if you don't know where your config.pk is go to C:/Program files/*your kalonline private server client*/data/config/config.pk.

You will need to know the config.pk and the e.pk password for your repack, eg solidus.

Once you have done that, you will need a pk editor eg DeathArts Sharpcrypt . Open the pk editor up and click on "File" and then "Open", and then search for your config.pk file. once you have done that it might ask for your pk password, enter that and you should see all the .dats on the side. You want to open up "xlate-e.dat".

Change the IP Address There To Your IP Address .

this site gives me a completely different ip address than when i run cmd prompt ipconfig.

maybe ipconfig is my router and the one from site is my comp?

can someone clarify, trying to get updater working thnx. sry for reviving old topic but no point making new thread with same thing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi all i tried for 7 days running now to get my server online for people to connect i have tried it all and have the problem of connect
when i open the login and auth and mainsrv the ports open up when i check to see if the ports are open when the server is closed then there not? but i have put my ip in the config.pk and the server file in the main folder! ive opened all ports and allowed them thro my firewall and the antivirus isnt blocking anything. just simply cant connect. i can use hamachi but i really dont want this can anyone please help me here? on teamviewer or msn
add me if u can help i really do need it
karl8008@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I saw that there wasn't a guide for

I don't recommend using that website to test the ports, I'm pretty sure it's not working correctly, at least for me it isn't.

I used a program from PortFoward.com and tested my ports, and it read them as open, when that website said they are closed.

Just a heads up.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
No, you DO NOT want to open ports 40001 and 50001.

Only port 30001 needs to be open.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello, Guys Iam search For this Tut 1 week Ago :) but i dont find server.ini :) and i cant Make it Online :mad: i think All Work has been Done , Left only to me know how i can do server online please Can Any one Help me / Any one Know how i can make it Please Add me !

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, Guys Iam search For this Tut 1 week Ago :) but i dont find server.ini :) and i cant Make it Online :mad: i think All Work has been Done , Left only to me know how i can do server online please Can Any one Help me / Any one Know how i can make it Please Add me !
no offense but if you are trying to get the server online on your own pc, forget it. you will be ddosed in less then 2 days.

3 Steps to have a pwnage server:

1. Work hard on your server files.
2. Get a stable root server.
3. Get a ddos protection (Madknight)

If youre not willing to do those steps, it makes no sense to open your server, since you will probably regret the decision soon.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
maybe he wants to open it for a couple of friends? and not make it public :p anyway if ur doing it on ur home pc, add the ports in ur windows firewall, and add them on rooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back