Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Unifying the main site and forum (XenPorta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this has been considered. Switching to XenForo opens up some options for unifying the front page and the forum. By using something like XenPorta, you could integrate the front page into the platform, making it one system. The forum could benefit from the SEO of the front page, and it could spare you maintaining separate systems. Besides that, it gives the possibility for users to contribute articles. Editors/Staff could choose which ones to promote to the front page.

There are quite a few possibilities. Awesome change.

Reaction score
It'll potentially have the opposite impact in terms of SEO as the structure would differ from my current, yaost SEO works well. As per the add on, I've seen it and I'm really not in any rush to switch to it.

the main focus is the forum.
The main site has lower SEO rankings than the forum already. In fact, it ranks behind all of Ragezone's forum categories, social media and fake Ragezone sites and is on page 2 of the SEO hidden behind a "some results have been omitted.."
1681311525151.png

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
The main site has lower SEO rankings than the forum already. In fact, it ranks behind all of Ragezone's forum categories, social media and fake Ragezone sites and is on page 2 of the SEO hidden behind a "some results have been omitted.."
View attachment 173909
Great.

The front page serves a purpose. The purpose is being served well. The forum will always be the primary point of contact as it is what has the most backlinks and recognition. The front page should be considered outside of the forum, this is by design. It is too costly at the moment for me to hire full-time writers. As per metrics;
post_migration.png

I work on a lot of things without public disclosure as it is non relevant to members. Since migration and a lot of other things, I can see an upward trend that'll serve well towards the latter end of the year. These things take time. Also, the other issue with using a third party CMS/Interaction as the front page is long term support. Wordpress is industry standard, the other is not. I cannot account for the future of it. There are options to embed Xen content to WP, though. Once again, this is not my focus. A slow drip feed > avalanche.

I appreciate the input.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back