Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

unmask username

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i am sure the fucked up part come from here: (ZGame.cpp)
/*if(sp_name) {
strcpy(sp_name,ZMsg(MSG_WORD_ADMIN));
}*/

because if i uncomment it, it will show "Administrator", "Developer" without Ducking up the name but if i comment it/delete it it duck up the name...

and someone knows how i can do to add MSG_WORD_GM for gamemaster? if i cant fix the unmasked name i will have to do that :(

Upvote 0
Reaction score
i am sure the fucked up part come from here: (ZGame.cpp)
/*if(sp_name) {
strcpy(sp_name,ZMsg(MSG_WORD_ADMIN));
}*/

because if i uncomment it, it will show "Administrator", "Developer" without Ducking up the name but if i comment it/delete it it duck up the name...

and someone knows how i can do to add MSG_WORD_GM for gamemaster? if i cant fix the unmasked name i will have to do that :(

Man all you need to do is simply change bSpUser chats to be as normal chat in all spots, for example..
Code:
if(bSpUser) {
sprintf(szTemp, "%s : %s", sp_name,szMsg);
ZChatOutput(UserNameColor, szTemp);
}
and change them to
Code:
if(bSpUser) {
sprintf(szTemp, "%s : %s", pChar->GetProperty()->GetName(),szMsg);
ZChatOutput(UserNameColor, szTemp);
}
this is all I can tell you, you'll need to find it alone, I won't be able to know what's wrong in your source like this !
as you can see in the code above, we've changed the sp_name to pChar->GetProperty()->GetName() whichc will take the normal name.
by the way if you want to add GameMaster do this:
ZMessages.h
add somewhere
Code:
#define MSG_WORD_GM                       9009
and after go to system.mrs -> add in messages.xml the ID 9009 and inside write GameMaster !!..
Good Luck

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok bro i'll try something new again, i think it's because i didnt want to unmask level in playerlistbox so i didnt edit this code:
Code:
if(GetUserInfoUID(puid,_color,sp_name,gid)){
sprintf(szLevel,"--");
szRefName = sp_name;
bSpUser = true;
}
else {
sprintf(szLevel,"%2d",nLevel);
szRefName = szName;
}

because i thought it was only for the level but i just read it and it probably do something on the username too ? (idk i am not a c++ dev) so i edited the name part.
i am building gunz i'll tell you if it works in 2min!

FIXED BRO I LOVE U

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Undo everything you did and then re add the codes from my tutorial. That will work.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realised you already fixed.

Upvote 0
Back