Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Update from magos 28* to 30*?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can run and install mangos fine, our server has been up and fairly solid for weeks now. My problem is that im using version 28* and would rather be using the new 30*s. Can i import all my added content and accounts into the new binary versions database somehow? I wont update if it requires a wipe of accounts.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
goto and look in miscellaneous....theres a txt file that tells you how to backup your server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
problem

i can't download this file btw i need acc and password...can someone help me? sry for my bad englih

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@Doktor.cz: uhh... you don't need an account for filebabe ... o_O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i click to download, DAP start and i click to START DOWNLOAD. And then jump window when i musst write username and password :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i write here my problem with SDB.
i have mangos rev.2865 Mangoscript + SDB CHSet 35 with SDB 0.5.4 Full Changeset 40-2867 on my server.
i want update my mangos but i can't do a wipe. how i must make this???

thx for answers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Same trouble for me. I tried using several people instructions, my like this:
1. backed up all accounts by exporting them
2. backed up all added content
3. deleted both databases
4. created both again using new silvers DB files
5. imported all items and accounts

This however gives me strange errors when starting up.
Could somone pelase give me a step by step like this thats correct? it takes at most 5 min :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The structure of the tables has changed. When table structure changes (for example a new field is added) your old data will no longer be put correctly in place with a simple restore. When this happens, you may need to 'convert' the data from the old structure to the new one.

Odds are, your old structure has been included in your backup and is overwriting the new one, causing the errors you see.

To perform a DB conversion, I create two more DBs (one called 'mangos2', and one called 'convert') so I can see the new structure (in 'mangos2'), and change what needs to be changed (in 'convert').

1. Load the new tables into the mangos2 DB (usually found in sql folder of new binary distro).
2. Export the desired table like character_inventory (including structure) from your original mangos DB, and import it into the 'convert' DB.
3. Add or remove table fields in 'convert' DB to match the new structure (view in mangos2 DB), and then export data only.
4. Import the converted data into the 'mangos2' DB to verify the new structure.

After the new structure has been verified, you can import your data into the DB of your choice (like silvers DB) and there should be no errors.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont understand to your progress :( i am not british...pls can you explain again the progress? plspls thx very much

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry Doktor, I could not get back to the site until now.

To follow my advice, you will need a SQL database editor like phpmySQL or MySQLFront to examine and change your databases.

1. Connect to your SQL server.
2. Create a new database and call it mangos2.
3. Create another new database and call it convert.

You should now have the following databases: mysql, information_schema, mangos, realmd, mangos2, and convert.

4. Select your mangos database.
5. Select the table you want to convert (example: character) and look at the structure.

You will see fields like guid, account, data, name, race...

5. Export the table structure and data to a SQL file (example: character.sql)
6. Select the convert database.
7. Import the file created in step #5 (convert database will now contain the table).

You will see the same fields like guid, account, data, name, race... as you saw in your original database.

8. Select the mangos2 database.
9. Import the mangos.sql file (usually in sql folder of new server versions, or simply load in a new DB release like silvers) into the mangos2 database.
10. Look for the same table in the new mangos2 database (example: character) and look at the new structure.

Again you will see fields like guid, account, data, name, race... however there will be some differences. You are trying to make the fields from your old database match the structure used in this newer database.

11. Add or remove fields in the convert database, until the list of fields and their order matches the one for the same table (example: character) in your mangos2 database.
12. When all the fields match, export data only from the table in convert (example: character) to a SQL file called converted_character.sql
13. Select the mangos2 database.
13. Empty the contents of the table (example: character) in the mangos2 database. Do NOT drop it. The new structure will remain.
14. Import the file created in step 12.

Repeat steps 4 to 14, until all desired tables have been converted. Keep your converted SQL data files (they can be used on any database release that has the same structure).

Remember, only make changes to the fields in the convert database, and you will be fine.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good little guide there bud, it's nice and easy for beginners.

Also, does NOT require a password or login or any of that, all you have to do is click the download, it's not hard.

Back