Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Updating opcodes

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greetings ,

I've got a few question I would like to understand and clear , let's take AUTH_RESPONSE in SendPacketOpcode as the main example

1- How can I know if the next version , has an updated Auth_response or not ?

2- How can I know where to sniff what I want ?

3- How can I know what I sniffed is correct / making sense ?

4- What are the most basic stuffs to be updated to get into Login screen ( before Channel selection ) .

C# developer
Reaction score
1) when you finish your update and realize that you can't reach the login screen. (no matter what you try..)

2) for example: FAMILY_INVITE... (do you really don't get how to sniff this opcode/packet?)

3) by trial and error.

4) These:

the packets:

ClientHello, AuthRequest/Response (w/e it is in your source).

the opcodes: (aren't that necessary but w/e)

CLIENT_HELLO, AUTH_RESPONSE, CLIENT_START.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greetings ,

How can I actually sniff for AUTH_RESPONSE o.o

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep , wait so you mean AUTH_RESPONSE is sniffed once I'm in-game ? Not before Channel page ?

Also , can you explain to me what this is from my getHello packet structure ?
mplew.write(HexTool.getByteArrayFromHexString("73 6F 72 72 69 20 77 65 20 68 61 73 20 61 6E 74 69 73 6E 69 66 66 3D 5D"));

Upvote 0
C# developer
Reaction score
Yep , wait so you mean AUTH_RESPONSE is sniffed once I'm in-game ? Not before Channel page ?

Also , can you explain to me what this is from my getHello packet structure ?

Wrong structure.

Download the newest MapleShark and sniff GMS again.

And AUTH_RESPONSE is being "sniffed" after CLIENT_HELLO and before CLIENT_START.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I run my server and after starting Redirector , the IP doesn't show up in the BAT and I get firewall error does it mean my Redirector is edited wrongly or is it due to my source having some problem somewhere .

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If I run my server and after starting Redirector , the IP doesn't show up in the BAT and I get firewall error does it mean my Redirector is edited wrongly or is it due to my source having some problem somewhere .

can be either
the client isnt connecting to server

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using Vicious's redirector ( v142 or something ) and what I've changed .
1 - Program.cs [toIP / accountCheck / lowPort / highPort
2 - CryptoConstant.cs [Updated AES UserKey

Anything else that needs to be updated ?

Upvote 0
C# developer
Reaction score
i'm using vicious's redirector ( v142 or something ) and what i've changed .
1 - program.cs [toip / accountcheck / lowport / highport
2 - cryptoconstant.cs [updated aes userkey

anything else that needs to be updated ?

auth_request.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got passed that problem , now when I try to login the login button freezes o.o

Upvote 0
Reaction score
You're incorrect. You think that it brings you to GMS, because the logins authentication server is still connected to Nexon. You have to override this by either sending a custom login packet, or making your server auto login when CLIENT_START is received.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ohh , so even if it says I have to register at Nexon's site as long as I can auto login it still works ?

-Edit-
But I'm using Vicious v142 Redirector with the login + password box , isn't it suppose to bring me straight to channel screen then ? Could it be because LOGIN_PASSWORD opcode or getAuthSuccessRequest packet aren't done properly that's why I couldn't get to the Channel screen like xStr0ng said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Ohh , so even if it says I have to register at Nexon's site as long as I can auto login it still works ?

-Edit-
But I'm using Vicious v142 Redirector with the login + password box , isn't it suppose to bring me straight to channel screen then ? Could it be because LOGIN_PASSWORD opcode or getAuthSuccessRequest packet aren't done properly that's why I couldn't get to the Channel screen like xStr0ng said.

Make sure that your server handles the custom packet from the Vicious redirector.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright thank you Fraysa .
xStr0nGx , I've checked getAuth packet part and login_password opcode part , seems to be fine . I guess it's really something to do with the Redirector I use .

A small question : How do the other servers allow login without the use of Redirector's help to get past login screen ? Like they can really login themselves inside the login page .

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Alright thank you Fraysa .
@xStr0nGx , I've checked getAuth packet part and login_password opcode part , seems to be fine . I guess it's really something to do with the Redirector I use .

A small question : How do the other servers allow login without the use of Redirector's help to get past login screen ? Like they can really login themselves inside the login page .

They use an external library that does the job for them (redirects the authenication server). One example is IPRedirect by LegitLisa, found in the Alternative Languages forum.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm , does anyone know what does it mean when nothing happens after I login through the redirector ? Nothing pops up .

Upvote 0
Back