Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

using coLinux to create a server of Cabal?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: using coLinux to create a serivodor of Cabal?

Man, the most desirable, is to install VMware, and the CentOS (linux) working in VMware, as all ...

then, you know you might do well, in another attempt to do it in linux or windows same..

sorry for my bad english :p

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: using coLinux to create a serivodor of Cabal?

the problem is that I'm using a dedicated, and I am not able to use WinSCP Putty and then I thought in coLinux

=D

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah i have the same problem. i have trouble linking the two of their iPs (windows and linux) if someone there who could help us. colinux saves memory and has no gui unlike vmware and centos, im using fedora core 5, thank you

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi, if your OS is not capable of installing rpm package you should convert it to your native package installer.

I am not familiar with other package converter, but I'm familiar with alien.

If you have Ubuntu, you can just apt-get install alien.

I don't have to elaborate this more, but you should really get to know what I mentioned above.

(If my English is bad, sorry for that)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know how to install rpm packages,i have the problem connecting both colinux and windows with seperate iPs. thank you

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@felipeluzentti & Joey
I have the same problem as you two before but before that may i know if you two are under a router?

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You need to manually set the ip address of eth0 unless you know the exact address dhcp will give it.

To be honest i would not suggest using colinux. It's a nice idea but it seems to be based on cygwin and i know from past experience that cygwin is buggier than a "proper" linux install. An emulator i used to use crashed an awful lot under cygwin-style environments but ran perfectly stably under a proper linux install.

If you are going to try with colinux i would suggest starting out usin lan ip addresses in your configs only. Get that working first before you start using wan addresses to test as it will help eliminate ip configuration problems in early testing. Once you know it all works ok then reconfigure for wan.

Your wan ip ( ) is not visible to lan clients if behind a router and this is the cause of almost all "can't connect to the linux machine" problems here.

Upvote 0
Back