Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

V7 Enchant ID Limit & Binary Files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Credits for the Questions & Answers go to their respective people. I take zero credit for anything. The only credit I take is compiling everything into a singular thread. If you're missing credit it's probably because I forgot.

Q = QuestionA = AnswerI = Input by Myself

Quick Understanding Enchant ID Limit & How it Works (V7)

Q (Rai):
How many Enchant ID's can we use right now (V7)?
A (Haruka):
Max Enchants = 65,536.
Anything about 65,535 get's wrapped around (ex: 70,000 - 65,536 = 4464 OR 150,000 - 65,536 - 65,536 = 18,928).
Q (Rai):
So, let's say that my enchant number exceeds that total number. If I want to remove some enchants that's not used. Should I delete the top one or the bottom one? I feel like if I exceed the limit that it causes bugs that make the server DC.
A (Haruka):
Only the number that is closest to the end of the file is considered valid. Any number before the last one get's overwritten.

Quick Understanding to Binary Files & Updating V7 Files

Q (MrPrime):
Does someone know how we can improve upon or update the V7 Files?
Is it possible to update via files I obtained from Aeria Games, update the .ini files, and apply to my own?
I (NamiBoops): You can in-fact manipulate a game.bin or even the server files. But it takes a lot of effort which 99.99% of most users won't know or understand. That's why the more experienced people warn general users away from editing them since 1 small change that's wrong can mess up everything.
A (Haruka): Editing the binary files are dificult. What you can do, however, is convert the .ini files. Those are responsible for new levels, maps, eidolons, items, etc.
Q (MrPrime): So for example if I get a new map and add it onto V7 and get the client files necessary to run this new map and add onto the client V7 it would work?
A (Haruka): Yes, it would work. Take a look at the repo I linked above. In there are files from the Taiwan Server that are already converted to work with V7.

Delay of Damage

Q (Chamoy):
 - V7 Enchant ID Limit & Binary Files - RaGEZONE Forums
A (Rai):
Are you using a VM? If yes, then tha might be the reason. Could be your PC Spec to run the VM that's causing the delay. If you are using a VPS already, that means the connection is the problem.
Q (Chamoy):
I use a VM which is offline. Everything works fine except for the basic hits I get from monsters.
A (Rai):
Even if it's offline the VM works similar to an emulator. You make a PC inside your PC which that PC is being used as a server. It's causing a delay.

Missing Maps on Teleporter (V7)

Q (Jagger19):
Hi. For some reason the 90-99 maps are not opening on my server in the teleporter. Where is the location so I may edit them?
A (Haruka):
The category will only show maps with level 75-85. You either have to edit the game.bin and increase it to something like 75-99 or you have to decrease the level requirement for the maps in S_Node.ini.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back