Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [v83 - Cosmic] Making a new mob - Crashes on summon

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yo, I'm trying to create another nependeath with altered stats. I've started by duplicating it in mob.wz and giving it an ID of 0100102
1682763193991 - [v83 - Cosmic] Making a new mob - Crashes on summon - RaGEZONE Forums
I then added a reference to the original in string.wz
1682763264846 - [v83 - Cosmic] Making a new mob - Crashes on summon - RaGEZONE Forums
And finally I manually created a new node in sound.wz and set each of the sounds as references like this:
1682763352707 - [v83 - Cosmic] Making a new mob - Crashes on summon - RaGEZONE Forums

But it crashes every time I summon the monster. I've also tried copying the sound.wz node and renaming it so it has every sound added manually within it but this crashes in the older HaRepacker and when I do it with Resurrected I get a lot of "error code -2147221008 (CoInitialize has not been called)" and then still crashes when I get in. So I went with creating the sound node as above.

Am I missing another location to adjust mob settings? I checked through the other .wz files but nothing jumped out.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
First thing I cannot check by looking at this screenshot. Can you verify that there are images in the;
1683198139003 - [v83 - Cosmic] Making a new mob - Crashes on summon - RaGEZONE Forums

0-6 nodes. Also inside info can you screenshot and show me what is in it?

Attachments

Upvote 1
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've looked through them all and the images are there
1683378082440 - [v83 - Cosmic] Making a new mob - Crashes on summon - RaGEZONE Forums

and the details like delay, head, etc. all look to line up too - I checked a bunch of them to make sure they copied correctly but I haven't checked them all
1683378259455 - [v83 - Cosmic] Making a new mob - Crashes on summon - RaGEZONE Forums

If there's no extra spot I should be editing then I suppose my next step will be recreating it from scratch without copy/paste and seeing if that works instead...

As I was looking through this again I found PADamage under attack info that is 145 which lines up with the MADamage under the main info node. I tested it out and made them both equal to 1 on my new Nependeath and it still crashed. Thought that might've been a winner. I don't have time at the moment to look more into that but I wouldn't be surprised if there's something else I need to change in these attributes if I'm changing the stats in 0100102\info
1683379078169 - [v83 - Cosmic] Making a new mob - Crashes on summon - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks for the help

Attachments

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yo, I'm trying to create another nependeath with altered stats. I've started by duplicating it in mob.wz and giving it an ID of 0100102
I then added a reference to the original in string.wz
And finally I manually created a new node in sound.wz and set each of the sounds as references like this:

But it crashes every time I summon the monster. I've also tried copying the sound.wz node and renaming it so it has every sound added manually within it but this crashes in the older HaRepacker and when I do it with Resurrected I get a lot of "error code -2147221008 (CoInitialize has not been called)" and then still crashes when I get in. So I went with creating the sound node as above.

Am I missing another location to adjust mob settings? I checked through the other .wz files but nothing jumped out.
If you are adding a new Monster Id, you must fill the info in Sound.wz -> Mob.Img, add the Name in String.wz -> Mob.img, if you want to make it as a boss you'll need to add the info in UI.wz -> UIWindow.img or UIWindow2.img -> MobGage -> Mob

Upvote 0
Back