Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

v83 Mob/Skill Bug (Mobs not dying)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whats my problem? Well whenever you try using a mob skill to kill monsters, only one of them will die, even when you use a skill that is suppose to mob up to 10 monsters.
Weird thing about this, in some maps and some monsters it'll randomly mob a few times. But after like 2 hits, itll stop mobbing and will start only killing one monster. If you reload the map itll repeat the same thing again.

Can't figure out whats wrong, when I try and ask people for help all they say is check my "wz xmls", but I made them all clean.

Picture of what happens:
30b69b68a96aca3cb61d04928fa278e7 - v83 Mob/Skill Bug (Mobs not dying) - RaGEZONE Forums

Also, if you attack them about 3 times, and still if only one monster is dying the mobs will stop moving unless you hit them.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check your stats, I'm not sure what it is either, but sometimes when your stats are too low, it prevents you from attacking more monsters

*Just a suggestion*

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check your stats, I'm not sure what it is either, but sometimes when your stats are too low, it prevents you from attacking more monsters

*Just a suggestion*

That's not the problem :p. But thanks for trying to help

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's most likely related to your attack handlers. My guess something in CloseRangeDamageHandler or AbstractDealDamageHandler. Not sure if it is failing to parse multiple mobs, or failing to apply the attack to multiple mobs. Try comparing to another v83 or placing debug points. I had this happen in my server before but it was the way I was reading and shifting bytes for damage in the attack packet (I doubt this is your case but thought I'd point it out).

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would also check to see if your source is throwing an exception somewhere during the first iteration of the attack. That's what it looks like to me.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would also check to see if your source is throwing an exception somewhere during the first iteration of the attack. That's what it looks like to me.

If so, please share the exception with us.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need to change as below (Maplemap) :
Code:
private int runningOid = 100;

Alter to:
Code:
private AtomicInteger runningOid = new AtomicInteger(100);

Of course, any reference you will have to change.

Changed private int runningOid = 3000; (what it was set in my source)

to private AtomicInteger runningOid = new AtomicInteger(100);. Then a bunch of errors just started to pop up.

Also noticed in clean mapleblade source its set to runningOid = 100;

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Changed private int runningOid = 3000; (what it was set in my source)

to private AtomicInteger runningOid = new AtomicInteger(100);. Then a bunch of errors just started to pop up.

Also noticed in clean mapleblade source its set to runningOid = 100;

Yes, you need to change all methods that use runningoid. Copy-paste from MapleSolaxia!

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, you need to change all methods that use runningoid. Copy-paste from MapleSolaxia!
The runningOID was a different issue. That fixed the issues with OIDs getting sent to the client wrongly in cases where two threads were accessing it at the same time. Which causes monsters to become invulnerable on the map due to the client having the wrong OID. Typically it only happened to a single mob or two on the map over a long period of time.

This seems like a different issue all together imo.

EDIT: Looking at the image he posted again, see how SDR is hitting all of the mobs, but the server is only applying damage to one monster. This looks like the server is having an exception somewhere and not showing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The runningOID was a different issue. That fixed the issues with OIDs getting sent to the client wrongly in cases where two threads were accessing it at the same time. Which causes monsters to become invulnerable on the map due to the client having the wrong OID. Typically it only happened to a single mob or two on the map over a long period of time.

EDIT: Looking at the image he posted again, see how SDR is hitting all of the mobs, but the server is only applying damage to one monster. This looks like the server is having an exception somewhere and not showing it.

So how could the OP fix this issue? This seems to be a unique bug, I did some research on it, didn't seem to mind anything.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes it does seem like it. Shows no signs of errors either, which is making this bug annoying to fix.

Bump - Still can't figure out what it is.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have similar bug ~ they do die but my mobs arnt moving. does anyone know how to fix this?

Upvote 0
Back