Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[vb6] 2d mmo

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, so I've been working on a 2D RPG in Vb6 for about 3 weeks and I have a working server /client
I have completed:

-Player registration

-Player log on

-Players can walk around and see others walking around

-Players can see the equipment that other players are wearing visually on the screen

-Mapping system, 32x32pixels per tile, 20x16 tiles per screen.. ?x? screens per world :)

-Builder(admins) system, admins can edit/save map, teleport players/themselves and edit players

-All data stored in a mySQL database

-Custom encryption I made for messages between server /client... and even if encryption were broken it wouldn't matter because the server does all the processing...

-Server can handle nearly unlimited connections, client can handle up to 200 players on 1 screen before lagging a little on my computer...

-Map editor is built into the client and builders can edit the world instantly without update and it is stored server-side and seen by all logged in

-Geo data is built into the map editor, admins specify which tiles can be walked on and which cant on each screen and when they save it it is updated instantly on the server and effects players immediately...

I have seen a few successful 2D MMOs and I believe that for a game to be successful it doesn't have to be 3D and have beautiful graphics, all a successful game needs is something you can bare looking at with amazing gameplay and something players can strive for... My goal is to make this game successful and eventually make a community and collect donations... haha I want this game to have similar gameplay to lineage 2 (pvp and class system, etc..)

Anyways, I need:

-Someone who can create tiles/images for the game, 32x32pixels (Grass, water, bodies, armors, heads, weapons, ground objects, etc)
Transparent color on tiles = Bright green

-Perhaps another coder??

If you are interested I will send you a compiled version of the game so you can decide if you wanna be apart of it... Also if you are interested in just seeing it I will show you as well

Contact....
-Email: justinramirez@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You know, you can search for stuff AND have a new thread window open at the same time!

Lol, I kept going 'new thread' and typing a whole bunch of stuff then hitting 'post' and it was like, "YOU MUST LOG IN".. So I lost what I wrote like 3 times so I decided to make a quick new thread then edit what I wrote! :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Lol, I kept going 'new thread' and typing a whole bunch of stuff then hitting 'post' and it was like, "YOU MUST LOG IN".. So I lost what I wrote like 3 times so I decided to make a quick new thread then edit what I wrote! :p
Wauw, maybe we should start doing so when we need something THAT urgent!
I have to discurrage you, but 3 weeks and you would have a complete game, only needing graphics? Must be even more boring than Mu online.
Also, why make a 2D mmo? We got enough of them and nobody plays that. Sad, but people want 3D, as goes for me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wauw, maybe we should start doing so when we need something THAT urgent!
I have to discurrage you, but 3 weeks and you would have a complete game, only needing graphics? Must be even more boring than Mu online.
Also, why make a 2D mmo? We got enough of them and nobody plays that. Sad, but people want 3D, as goes for me.

Nah, it's not complete at all... I Haven't made anything other than what I pointed out... And lmao at Mu online... I can make this interesting, trust me... I'd go 3D but I'm doing this solo...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its a good start, I'm interested in seeing it... My artistic skills are shocking and my knowledge of VB is decent at best ;\ So I couldn't offer anything but advice ^_^

Back