Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

vBulletin or Invision Power Board?

vBulletin or Invision Power Board?

• vBulletin

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • Invision Power board

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would admin your forums but I can only get on on weekends =(]
I voted vBull I think o.o

F

Famig

Invision Power Board is a good one, it's also got a lot of free add-ons to add just about any feature you could want. but a Permanent License costs $130. ^^;;;
Demo :

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Probably not. Jamie, didn't you give Hammad your vB license?
That was purely for 'useful' purposes only (you know what the useful purposes are :tongue:). I do not, and I do not intend to use his license to set up my own forum. Partially 'cuz I am aware that if I do, Jamie will be on me like a ton of penis suck- I mean bricks. :(:

Reaction score
I love how everyone in this thread is voting vB purely based off of one reason, because RZ uses it.

Go with IPB. There is a reason it costs more. It's way better and would run a database size as big as RZ's better than vB would. I own a vB license and would pick IPB over it any day. Had a little debate with trav over this. =p

Reaction score
IPB is more secure than vBulletin

vBulletin is more flexible

You choose whether you KNOW that theres going to be hackers on your site, or something dangerous
Or you want your website to be really customizable

Either way, they both are premium software, and usign them without a license is not good at all for your website, so stick with PHPBB,, flexible and secure. not to mention it's free

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Either way, they both are premium software, and usign them without a license is not good at all for your website, so stick with PHPBB,, flexible and secure. not to mention it's free

PhpBB is not quiet flexible. But is worth much more. I would choose it over both if I'm low on the budget.

VBulletin - Windows
Invision Power Board - Mac
PhpBB - Linux

Reaction score
@ lewis;; IPB is proven the most secure

@IQstim;; Well yeah, but it's more flexible than IPB, but less flexible than vbulletin (in the middle)

VBulletin - Windows
PhpBB - Linux

What do you mean?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
VBulletin - Windows
PhpBB - Linux

What do you mean?

The system works much more like the certain OS's, instinctively saying.

VBulletin can't handle security very well, Invision has a class when it comes to its presentation, & PhpBB is very sophisticated.

Reaction score
Well, vbulletin does have a good security system, but it's just that SOOO many users have the files, and use it alot, that it's common. The more common the software, the better of a chance that somebody will find a hole.

C

CevaOvarienue

Quick ways to earn extra cash

★★★★★
Loyal Member
Reaction score
why not smf or phpBB?

★★★★★
Loyal Member
Reaction score
elaborate

Back