Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Video cards

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why is it that nViida are still with GDDR3 but ATi are with GDDR5??
They perform the same, nVidia is not slower at all, not by much.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
im not sure but i think it dont really matter just as long as its got a good mem clock also the like 512MB ram is for Screen Res. Correct me if im rong :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think the diff is mem clocks, but i think nVidia must have better GPUs while ATi has better vram

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
mmm the GTX's were already in production when it was time to use GDDR5 in the mainstream. AMD just wanted to have something better then nVidia. the real question is why not use GDDR4 in the GTX's/4850 o_O

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the difference between gddr3 and 5 is purely the memory clocks, which increase data throughput. the gpu architecture's used by nvidia and ati are completely different though so clock speeds wont translate over exactly.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thats all i needed to know, now am not starting a ATi V nVidia fan war here at all.

Reaction score
This is because ATI and NVIDIA have different architecture. The type of VRAM does not determine if a card is better or not as well as the clock speeds. It's like trying to determine which goes better, a car or truck, even though are both doing 50 MPH.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are lots of variation in VRAM. The speed in Ghz and speed in GB/S.
TBH just like in the PC in whole i look at the CPU, that being the GPU in a video card as that is the thing that renders all the 3D images. VRAM like someone said in a ealir post would be for the resolution or 2D images.
EDIT: Yet i could be wrong correct me if i am.

Back