[VIDEO GUIDE] How to Make a MapleStory v206 Private Server– Full Setup Tutorial

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Aug 5, 2021
Messages
36
Reaction score
45

MapleStory v206 Localhost Setup Guide​

1. Install the server environment software:​

A. Download Software and Install​

  • JDK 17
  • IntelliJ IDEA
  • MySQL Server 5.5
  • MySQL GUI Tools

B. Video Tutorial – Environment Setup:​




2. Set Up Server and Game Client v206​

A. Download the Game Client and Install​

I couldn't find the setup file from Nexon. Below is a compressed file, like a plug-and-play version.

B. Download the Server Source + Redirector v206:​

Source v206:​



Launcher + Authook v206:​

Source:


Release: (This release version was build by me from the source above. It's also the same version used in the tutorial video.)


C. Video Tutorial – Server & Client Setup​



3. Join the Community​

Discord Invite Link:

Credit:​

Full credits to the Swordie team & contributors ♥
Swordie Discord:
 
Last edited:
hi, is it possible to put this server online and test with others? i tried to change the IP in the launcher source and build but that doesn't open the login and password. do i need to change anything in the server source?

thank you for this tutorial
 
The guide on how to set up a MapleStory private server v206 is already available, also based on the Swordie source, and it's very detailed♥
But I want to make a video about it. (SWORDIE BASE)

1. Install the server environment software:​

  • JDK 17
  • IntelliJ IDEA
  • MySQL Server 5.5.41
  • MySQL GUI Tools



2. Setup Server and Install Game Client v206​

File Setup Game v206:​

I couldn't find the setup file from Nexon. Below is a compressed file, like a plug-and-play version.


Source v206:​



Launcher + Authook v206:​

Source:


Release: (This release version was build by me from the source above. It's also the same version used in the tutorial video.)


VIDEO TUTORIAL:​


​

Credit:​

Full credits to the Swordie team & contributors ♥
Swordie Discord:

If the tutorial is missing anything, please help me fill in the details to make it perfect!


6:00 <<--

v206 Thank you for uploading the tutorial. Please upload the
Administrator command for this version. I'm going to play around with it for testing. Please help.
 
hi, is it possible to put this server online and test with others? i tried to change the IP in the launcher source and build but that doesn't open the login and password. do i need to change anything in the server source?

thank you for this tutorial
Really want to know the answer to this myself….much appreciated and thanks for the tutorial wish you all the success:)
 
Hi, im pretty new to modding but I wanted to ask about the launcher + authook, I can't download it because it finds it as a virus, is it true or is it just chrome notices the weird files?
 
Really want to know the answer to this myself….much appreciated and thanks for the tutorial wish you all the success:)
hi, is it possible to put this server online and test with others? i tried to change the IP in the launcher source and build but that doesn't open the login and password. do i need to change anything in the server source?

thank you for this tutorial
According to the documentation I referenced from the Swordie Team, the server source already accepts all IP addresses (0.0.0.0). The rest depends on whether the launcher correctly passes the IP from the client to the server.

Here are the things you need to modify in order to allow others to connect to your server:
  • (Authook) Global.h → Change 127.0.0.1 to your VPS or Hamachi IP.
  • (Launcher) Client.cs → Change 127.0.0.1 to your VPS or Hamachi IP.

After that, build the files again and run them.


1747548068036 - [VIDEO GUIDE] How to Make a MapleStory v206 Private Server– Full Setup Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums
1747548612221 - [VIDEO GUIDE] How to Make a MapleStory v206 Private Server– Full Setup Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums


Hi, im pretty new to modding but I wanted to ask about the launcher + authook, I can't download it because it finds it as a virus, is it true or is it just chrome notices the weird files?
I have fixed the link you can download
 
Hi!
Thank you for this post and tutorial :) Glad there are people still doing this <3
Unfortunately browser and OS still detect a virus in Launcher + Authook file :(
 
Hi!
Thank you for this post and tutorial :) Glad there are people still doing this <3
Unfortunately browser and OS still detect a virus in Launcher + Authook file :(
I don't know why it detected a virus but you can build your own
 
Last edited:
Hi, i've followed the steps in the video and the client is taking too much time to load, it remains in unresponsive state
 
I wonder if there is a way to add new items to the cash shop. Thanks.
 
You've brought me back in time. Excellent work and very detailed.
Thanks ♥
Hi, i've followed the steps in the video and the client is taking too much time to load, it remains in unresponsive state
You need a high-performance computer to be able to run a higher version server. In the video, I skipped through many parts, so it looks faster than it actually is.
BTW, I've created a list with all the Equip items and formatted it with "ID - value" so you can spawn any of them if you have a Tester account ("accounttype = 1" in the "users" database.). Ex command: !item 1000000
Good jobbbb♥
I wonder if there is a way to add new items to the cash shop. Thanks.
I- dunno
 
Release: (This release version was build by me from the source above. It's also the same version used in the tutorial video.)


Could you please share this file again, it blocked by Media File
 
Release: (This release version was build by me from the source above. It's also the same version used in the tutorial video.)


Could you please share this file again, it blocked by Media File
Fixed
 
Hello tuanmai7797 , thanks for sharing.
I want to ask — is there any way to bypass Themida, which prevents running in a virtual machine?
Or could you share how to use a virtual machine as the server and play the game from a local PC?
 
Back