Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Vps question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi so im planning on getting a VPS, i already did at the lowest possible price, but it encountered an error when launching the DATABASE.exe, it crashes and give exeption error bla bla... i cant debug it since its on vps and storage is limited and it only has 2gb ram

yes, i read that it might be because of low memory thats why the database.exe refuse to run.

so im thinking of upgrading to 8gb ones or shud i just upgrade it to 4gb and get 8gb when really needed? my world server eats 1.5gb

The question is, do i need the Windows server in ovh? or can i choose different OS?

do all of them have remote access feature?

thank you~

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
2gb ram is not enough for almost anything lol.
go for 16gb .

yeah haha, thank you we decided to go for 8gb as ketchup suggested and it is within budget, we dont expect a lot of player mostly just friends.

Thank you all for your insights

Upvote 0
Inactive
Reaction score
yeah haha, thank you we decided to go for 8gb as ketchup suggested and it is within budget, we dont expect a lot of player mostly just friends.

Thank you all for your insights

Let me try and help you save some hard earned cash lol.

If it's just a server for friends and learning then there is no reason to spill a ton of money to OvH as they are quite expensive instead this site still hasn't removed its black friday deal lol. It's better then contabo and cheaper. I use this personally for my test server.

Promo Code:
Code:
50LEB

^ this code will give u a 50% recurring discount. I have the 16gb vps and i pay 16$ a month lol, there is no windows fee, its not a trial and the price is always recurring. This works for any of the packages tbh.

I am not affiliated with them, but i do use them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back